1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

1993 Blazer Bucking

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:42 PM
thedrizle is on a distinguished road
Default 1993 Blazer Bucking

I just got a 1993 blazer off a friend of mine last week i was driving it to work today and as was pulling away from a light down by my house it lost its acceleration, everytime I give it gas it acts almost like the exhaust is clogged it does this in all gears plus park and neutral I finally got it to a parking lot where i left while on the way the fastest I was able to go was about 15. Does anyone know what the problem could be.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Banned
BLAZERMAN911 is on a distinguished road

do u have a fuel pressure gauge to check out your pressure readings? or it could just be a simple as a tune up with AC delco parts

Old 06-23-2011, 08:05 PM

I Dont have a pressure gauge, Honestly I dont really know much about cars. I was just wondering if its a common problem.

The friend I bought it off thinks it is the spark plugs could that cause this problem

Last edited by swartlkk; 06-23-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Was it running fine and then just suddenly felt sluggish?

A fuel pressure gauge can be picked up for $30-$40 from most autoparts stores. Your pressure should be above 55psi with the pump running and should remain above 50psi for 10 minutes after the pump shuts off.

If the problem was sudden, I doubt that the plugs caused it. That doesn't rule out another ignition system failure though.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Starting Member
Magmotor is on a distinguished road

Any codes thrown? (blinking check engine light) If so, that will stear you in a certain direction to check. Is the engine a Z or a W? Ask a mechanic friend to pull your EGR valve off and take a look. Sounds like it could be plugged to the max. Like swartlkk said it could be any number of systems going bad. Just gotta track each one down and check em.....

Old 06-26-2011, 10:08 AM

The check engine light had been coming on periodicly I have a friend coming over today to take a look. ok my friend came over and did the plugs and wires which were shot the fuel filter which was clogged and we check the ignition module which was fine. the car is still not running right he is thinking either a weak fuel pump or the spider injector. ant other ideas,

Last edited by thedrizle; 06-26-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:56 PM

Update I have done the plugs and wires the fuel filter and tps plus I fixed a few vacuum leaks it still buck but not as bad my friend said it may be the knock sensor stopping it from reving but I dont know if it has one of those. I also have an obd 1 code reader coming in soon.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:16 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

i say check the fuel pressure before you trow any more parts in her . your just wasting mulah

Old 07-25-2011, 07:47 AM

Yeah thats why I ordered the code reader but honestly the only part I out in that didnt need to be changed was the fuel filter.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:12 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

did you order the fuel pressure tester ?

Quick Reply: 1993 Blazer Bucking