1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

1993 GMC S15 Jimmy - runs ROUGH after tuneup.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

Lindertech has an adapter fabbed up to mount the newer FPR in the older FPRs spot - the older FPR and newer FPR mount differently and are not interchangeable without the adapter.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Beginning Member
jakegaisser is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah ok. I JUST got in contact with the previous owner. They said the fuel injector and regulator were replaced about 15,000 miles ago by the previous owner.

That may be the reason that its clean in there..... or is 15,000 miles enough that it should be pretty nice and black all over in there?

(was really hoping to visually see that it leaked since with this new information its even more difficult to figure out.)

Old 04-02-2011, 08:16 PM

I wouldn't think 15,000 miles would be enough to make it nice and black all over.

Plug it in, pull off your coil wire (you do NOT want spark) and pressurize the system to make sure there are no leaks before you button everything back up.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Beginning Member

I have not pulled the old spider out yet. But I have the one i got from the wrecking yard today on my shop bench.

But now Im not sure I even need to swap this out.... Since the previous owner said it was swapped out a little over 15,000 ago.

Since the one i bought from the wrecking yard obviously has a bad FPR I will take the FPR off my spider assembly and swap it into this new one and install it and see if it runs any differently.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Beginning Member

UPDATE! just went to swap out the spider injector. as i was going to remove the pop rivet leg thingys one of them was already falling apart from the clip thing that you squeeze. so im betting very little fuel was actually making it into that cylinder. Will post an update once i finish swapping this out and testing it out.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 PM

Good thing you grabbed one from the junkyard, then.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:10 PM
just plain lucky is on a distinguished road

Talk about project got us all wondering here hope the video helped Leeann been there for you too bro it will be nice when you get er done yeah Take care bro and I will follow up on your progress...

Old 04-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Beginning Member

After swapping in the junk yard spider injector that i got, I took it for a nice long test drive and it ran and drove perfect! no miss at all!

Thanks everyone for all the help!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:47 AM

Excellent! Glad you got 'er fixed.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:02 AM
chaseb913 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jakegaisser
After swapping in the junk yard spider injector that i got, I took it for a nice long test drive and it ran and drove perfect! no miss at all!

Thanks everyone for all the help!

what exactly is this "spider injector" you replaced... is it available at parts stores?? i believe my truck is having this same issue

Quick Reply: 1993 GMC S15 Jimmy - runs ROUGH after tuneup.