1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

1994 blazer tahoe 4WD 4DR need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Banned
Duntov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 1994 blazer tahoe 4WD 4DR need help

I thought that is what we were doing.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 PM
BIG4EVER is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the reply. i was away out of town.
i will this week get ac delco wireplug/rotor/cap distributor and see from there.
what is funny its the next day before going to work i give a try to see if the truck would start. on the first attempt start right away. after a few min when the motor is rising to normal temperature its seem to idle a bit rough. will see if the basic tune up will work. i will keep you posted

Thanks

Old 09-14-2008, 07:46 PM

btw any picture where the EGR valve is located? i will attempt to clean it my self. what product should i use?

Old 09-14-2008, 09:04 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

its right under where the throttle body is. follow the tube up from the airbox to where it meets the engine and right under there. its 2 screws and comes off lil hard to get to tho.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:48 PM

im just begining my nightmare and already thinking to get rid og the truck
today i tried to change the fuel filter. the line all broke i bypass the line with a fuel grade hosethereseems a lot gas pressure but i have no gage to test it.no succes on starting the truck again with that bypass
i guess i will have to bring the truck to the garage and redo my fuel line proper with filter.
as soon i put gas in the butterfly intake the truck start and if i keep my feet on the gas pedal it runs like a charm, but a soon i let it go to idle it dies again. after playing awhile we came across on top of the butterfly intake there is a sensor. after disconect it the truck start but was running too fast. but after a few time im stuck again with the truck dont fire. should i go still for change the wire/plug/rotor/cap distributor or should i check something else.?

Old 09-16-2008, 11:37 PM

i would def take a look inside the plenum. its only about 10 bolts or so w/ some other things to disconnect to take off the upper plenum. once the upper plenum is off then u can look inside for clean spots. this is where fuel will have been leaking and the burning it off makes the area clean. u could also see puddles of fuel if it is really bad. check the plastic fuel lines (nut-kit) to make sure they're not leaking (turn key to on position and look for leaks. this sends fuel to the injector) also check the connection of the spider lines as these can break off or crack.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:44 AM

thats way to advances for me
i read about that (the plenum) but i didnt think it was that. the sensor i was talking about that i was knocking it i thinl the TPS. it is possible its this one give me problem? i guess at that point i have no choice to bring it to a profesionel!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:00 PM

its not really that just just unbolting and puting it back together when ur done looking. but if u dont feel comfortable w/ it and want to take it in thats ok. just tryin to save u some money.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:40 PM

hey guys!

i brought my truck to the garage.
they check fuel pressure/fuel pump relay, they same add gas in my tank to make sure i had some.
and the mecanics says that is the computer who is faulty. it is possible?
i didnt ask to open the plenum cause i dont think that is my problem. is was the spider or nut kit who was defective my truck would start evertime i need no?

thanks for your advice.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:05 PM

UPDATE:

my mecanics did change the computer cause he says he had no pulse (i dont know what he meant)
the truck fired right away. he fix some broken wire to in the computer area also. then the truck was firing up every single time.
but sometimes it was idling hi and lo so he did clean the iac valve. i asked him to clean the egr valve. the valve was moving freely but sometimes stay stuck open. after a good cleaning seems ok.the fuel pressure was at 50-52 while running. now the truck seem running fine and no problem to start but he says maybe the tempurature sensor is no good. what you guys thinking???i will run the truck all weekend and see if the problem dissapear ( stalling and hard start) hopefully it was only that. i will keep you guys posted

Quick Reply: 1994 blazer tahoe 4WD 4DR need help