1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

1994 electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:34 AM
K1500brute is on a distinguished road
Default 1994 electrical problem

Turn the key and absolutely nothing. No power, no lights, no fuel pump sound nothing. Battery is fine, it was running fine yesterday. Then today absolutely nothing. Any clues?

1994 bravada
4.3L AWD

Old 01-22-2012, 05:48 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Not sure how cold it is in Ohio but here in NY its cold , In fact my wifes dad had this same problem the other day . He tells me the battery is good tested at 12.4 volts but I told him that didn't matter the battery can still be bad . I hooked the battery charger to it and all the power instantly came on in the truck , jumped in and turned it over and fired right up . The battery may have froze or just a fault in the battery itself who knows but the battery was the problem . Be very careful though I have (no crap) seen batteries blow apart like a grenade .

Old 01-23-2012, 02:43 AM
bam_9_9_9 is on a distinguished road

check the IGN fuse under the dash. and all other fuses.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

There should be fuses under the hood check them when your checking the rest of the fuses. check battery cables and wires.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the Reply

And apparently that was it, we tested the battery and it said it was good. Then we jumped started it and started right up. But it died the following day and the following and so on. So we got a new battery and we found out that the original battery was not meant for it, so we got the correct battery and now it runs like crap at idle and it didnt before.

We recently changed the sparks, wires, rotor and cap, and the "spider" fuel injection. It ran fairly well when we did all that (got close to 16mpg in city). Now at idle its horrible and stalls when breaking but at higher rev its fine. Any idea? anything will help

Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by atvwarrior
Not sure how cold it is in Ohio but here in NY its cold , In fact my wifes dad had this same problem the other day . He tells me the battery is good tested at 12.4 volts but I told him that didn't matter the battery can still be bad . I hooked the battery charger to it and all the power instantly came on in the truck , jumped in and turned it over and fired right up . The battery may have froze or just a fault in the battery itself who knows but the battery was the problem . Be very careful though I have (no crap) seen batteries blow apart like a grenade .

yup i know that feeling I once had one blow in my face and it was not fun

and for starters what brand ignition products did you use ?
these trucks prefer ac delco for these components

and do a fuel pressure diagnosis
96+ Fuel System Diagnosis - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Old 01-31-2012, 10:53 PM

I am 25/75 they were ether A/C delco / Autolite sparks. The car is not with me right at the moment and a friend is borrowing it. I think it was Autolite platinum and all they had for wires were the Xact. (didnt think it mattered at the time and would have waited a day to get A/C wires) The cap and rotor were A/C.

We replaced the injection with OEMs, the fuel nut (line from fuel line to injectors), and gasket. It really needed the injectors, when we opened it, one side pool of fuel and the other covered in carbon. Cleaned all of that and put it back together right.

And from what i remember it looked like original fuel filter and has had some hesitation recently.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:35 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

plugs matter id swap them out with ngk or delco

Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 AM

Ok I will do that as soon as i get it back. And thank you for the help

Old 02-04-2012, 09:58 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by K1500brute
Thanks for the Reply

And apparently that was it, we tested the battery and it said it was good. Then we jumped started it and started right up. But it died the following day and the following and so on. So we got a new battery and we found out that the original battery was not meant for it, so we got the correct battery and now it runs like crap at idle and it didnt before.

We recently changed the sparks, wires, rotor and cap, and the "spider" fuel injection. It ran fairly well when we did all that (got close to 16mpg in city). Now at idle its horrible and stalls when breaking but at higher rev its fine. Any idea? anything will help
Sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere .

Quick Reply: 1994 electrical problem