1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

1994 S10 Blazer LT Steering and Lighting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:46 AM
hardkalik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1994 S10 Blazer LT Steering and Lighting Issue

I'm having some issues with my blazer. When i drive down the road it's almost impossible to keep straight. it seems to wander all over the place. it's not necessarily over bumps or anything, just normal driving. Could this be ball joints or what?? they seem to be tight when i jack it up and check them, but it's a pretty bad wander.

I'm also having problems with my interior lights. all of them work except the over head and rear dome lights. the rearview mirror and floor lights light up as they should (with the door and the switch), but the others don't ever light up. would this be a problem with the interior light switch?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 1994 S10 Blazer LT Steering and Lighting Issue

On the steering, I'd have an alignment shop go thru a free steering/suspension check. This will point you towards what is causing your wandering problem. My first guess if the balljoints checked out good would be either the idler arm being shot, or the pitman arm either being loose at the steering linkage or worn at the spline where it mates to the steering box.

On the lights... Well, just to point out the obvious, you have checked/replaced the bulbs correct? If you have, and still no dice, then... Hmm. I'd have to look up an interior lighting wiring diagram to see where those wires go and where they get their power from. When you turn on the dome over ride, do all lights turn on? If not, then it is quite possible that the sockets for the bulbs have gotten corroded, or you have a wiring fault in the circuit somewhere, but again, I'd have to look up a wiring diagram to point you in the right direction.