1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

89 Blazer help

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
clean89blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 89 Blazer help

I have a 89 blazer 4.3 4x4 i have a chance to pick up a 98 4.3 low mile's does any one know if i wanted to use the 98 motor and put a 4bl carb and manfold and not use any ecu would that work. My truck has manual 4x4. My truck has the dig. dash witch i want to keep.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 89 Blazer help

I'm not exactly sure, but to keep the digital dash, you may have to keep the TBI system intact or else the PCM will complain... The 98 motor cannot accept the TBI manifold, but I do believe that there are manifolds available to go to either a 2- or 4- barrel carb. You could probably swap the heads, everything over onto the newer block and have it work out quite well, but I believe the heads have a different intake bolt orientation.