1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

89 Chevy S-10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Tittlebitties is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 89 Chevy S-10 Blazer

Hey all

I have a 89 Chevy S-10 Blazer

I have done alot of things since I bought it a few months ago. New water pump,gas tank,brake system,new tranny line,fixed idle,gasket to fix a oil leak,new remote oil cooler, all new exhaust from manifold to tailpipe. The thing that pisses me off is I am getting really bad gas milage and along with that no pickup. I am getting about 13 mpg which I thought would be a little bit more with blazers but then again it is older. Also the pickup issue bugs me cause sometimes I can punch it to the floor and it not do anything. When it does it takes a bit to get up to highway speed and its like gas is going thru but its not doing anything.

Any suggestions on what I could do? I am only 16 and can't afford anything unless it needs to be fixed since my mom said she would do that since she said she bought it for me and would fix anything. I feel bad cause all that stuff I mentioned that I fixed happend within a month. Bought it for $2,000 and put another $2,000 in it.

Thanks

Old 09-19-2005, 11:44 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 89 Chevy S-10 Blazer

When you replaced the exhaust system, did you put in and/or reconnect your 02 sensor. Without the 02 sensor the cpm goes into a defualt mode. It'll run, but suck gas big time.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:45 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot. Congrats on that truck. Looks great for a '89. I like the grill guard and excellent choice on tires. Keep em inflated and rotated every other oil change and they will last 50,000 miles. Plus they do pretty well in the snow and mud.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Tittlebitties is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ...

Well when the exhaust got put on it needed a new O2 sensor so I dont think that the problem since we put a new one on. It did it before too so who knows.

Thanks . She is my baby and I baby her all the time. She has had some great times muddin and with the back seat folded down :P. Well the back seat thing happend once and it was over the weekend but hey I have only been driving for not even 2 months yet lol.

I was thinkin with whatever I get back with taxes plus saved up money and all that I want to get a new motor. I don't plan on getting anything different besides the vortec version of mine but I doubt it will happen but its just something I would like to do.

Any other thoughts on my problem?

Old 09-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Ya, I'm pretty impressed with how that truck looks as well...nice job.

Old 09-19-2005, 10:55 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

ok not to be an *** or nothing but you say its a 89 S10 Blazer and the front end is a GMC Jimmy. did you put a diff. front end on or what. But other than that it looks great, really nice for an 89.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 09-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Talusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

ya know, I was wondering about that myself....

Old 09-20-2005, 12:50 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

I have to stop looking at these things late at night because I didn't even notice [sm=loser.gif]

Old 09-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Talusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Good job with the truck! I have the same wheels, but they're like a dorky smoked color that's started to chip-how do you remedy that one? I want them to be silver.
You better give your mom a big hug for all the help and I hear you with the gas prob., you're gonna need like 3 after-school jobs with the gas prices. Definately doesn't sound right. Aren't I a big help?!

Quick Reply: 89 Chevy S-10 Blazer