1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

89 Chevy S-10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 01:14 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 89 Chevy S-10 Blazer

ORIGINAL: m00nwater

I have to stop looking at these things late at night because I didn't even notice [sm=loser.gif]

Same hear. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. Doh!!! [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 09-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Tittlebitties is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone who likes my blazer

As for the GMC grill...When I bought it the guy had it on there. Not sure why but no biggie. Funny when people say to me that its not a blazer lol.

I have a job that pays 8.50 an hour which for me is like about $150 a week during school.

Anyway...any idea on what my problem could be? Sometimes when I press the pedal to the floor it just doesnt do anything at all and sometimes it does. Also makes me uncomfy when it whines out when i hit the gas and doesnt always stop unless i let off the gas a lil bit. Like it doesnt wanna shift if i hit on the gas to get to highway speed.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That is one amazingly clean '89!

On your problem... Does it seem like the transmission isn't responding to your pedal input? If I remember correctly, your trans has a vacuum modulator as well as a kick down cable (I think...) The vacuum modulator shouldn't be all that expensive, but I don't know if that could cause the problems you are experiencing. It definitely sounds like something with the transmission not wanting to down shift, then not wanting to upshift again... It's like it doesn't know what is going on with the engine...

Old 09-21-2005, 04:24 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the whole problem thingy.

The 700R4, 4L60 have TV cables. The TV cable replaces the kickdown cable and vacuum set-up, and controls when and how the tranny shifts. Could need to be adjusted. Not hard and any tranny shop might do it for free. Takes all of 1 minute to adjust it. However if there is a tranny problem, the tranny shop would be the best place to diagnose it.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the clarification.

I couldn't remember and was just thinking back to when I rebuilt my turbo350 from my Chevelle and knew it had a kickdown and vacuum modulator.

If you wanted to adjust it yourself... Here's what a quick google search churned up:
CHEVROLET 700R4 (4L60) Transmission TV Cable Adjustment

Old 09-21-2005, 05:14 PM

Thanks

What you said is exactly my problem. I will check it out sometime this week or weekend since I am going somewhere for the day in a few.

Will let you know what the outcome is.

Thanks for the link also

Hanr3 - Thank you too lol...Now that I think about it I might just go somewhere and have them check it out.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

I think you and I were just too wrapped up in the fact that we missed the front end

Old 09-22-2005, 12:20 AM

Old 09-22-2005, 11:31 AM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

If the tranny fix doesn't fix your pickup and gas mileage problem, I would suggest checking for vacuum leaks on the motor

That's a nice looking truck, it's the first GMC Blazer I've ever seen

Old 09-22-2005, 11:43 AM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: m00nwater

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

I think you and I were just too wrapped up in the fact that we missed the front end
You got that right.

Plus I have to agree with
LoLoS10, that would be the first GMC Blazer I have ever seen as well.

Quick Reply: 89 Chevy S-10 Blazer