1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

93 blazer w vin, running and starting issue (Lots of info long read)please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 93 blazer w vin, running and starting issue (Lots of info long read)please help!

ok so about 3 weeks ago my blazer started crapping out, i assumed it was the fuel pump as it has been going out so i replaced it and the sending unit at the same time, same symptoms starts right up idles great nice and smooth, give it gas it revs right up hold it up in the rpm's and it stays right there smooth and sounding great, but the second you let off the gas it idles down correct and then just dies. after it dies it wont start till it wants to and again will do the exact same thing die when its revving back down.

i have replaced the fuel pump assembly strainer and all, made sure the ground wire is a solid ground by using a dremel with a wire wheel to sand all the crap off to bare metal and a good nice bolt. haven't done the fuel filter as it holds fuel pressure threw the whole ordeal 60 when you turn on the key doesn't drop below 54 even at high revs so i figured its OK. it will start with starter fluid and run till its gone, but it wont start without it.

oh yea my ecu was shot as it would mess up the iacv and cause it do idle and run wild so i got a new one, at the same time i also did the fuel pump relay

so after that i was thinking cpi unit or fpr well i did that in june of 09 it was under warranty so i got a new one replaced the whole cpi unit(in which auto-zone screwed up the first time and didn't charge me enough for the cpi unit and it cost me a extra 200 bucks i wasn't counting on spending), started great idled perfect revved up great held fine let off gas and bamm it dies and wont start....wtf...fuel pressure is fine whole time. ok so im like damn wtf could it be i checked the spark and it was orange and looked kinda weak so i replaced the coil as it was oe with 180k on it couldn't hurt right, got out the dmm and looked at wires coil wire was at 3 ohms and the rest where in the 4-9 range so i got new ones. got a new cap and rotor while i was there as it was worn and had a lifetime so i used it.

so ok i got new wires new cap and rotor, new coil should be a awesome spark get it all on and.....bamm starts right up rev it up and idle down and die....arghhhh!

so now roughly 350-400 bucks deep my blazer still wont run my ford is acting up just got outa the hospital for more cardiac problems and i dont know what to do next.. i need my blazer i miss her....any ideas thoughts donations of c4 or explosives with a good insurance agent i could use i have till weds and no more money...please help!!

thanks!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

Punctuation and capitalization are great. Do a leakdown check? Might check the throttle position sensor and maybe run some seafoam through the intake.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Starting Member

as stated above it does not leak down it doesnt drop below 54 till at least 20 mins of sitting...and who needs grammar natzis!

Old 02-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member
wallace is on a distinguished road

well has it stored any codes?? if so start there.if you have access to a scan tool then watch the fuel trims see if anything is funny there,,also try pulling off the egr valve and clean it out good with some carb cleaner( just to be shure its not an issue)other than that im not shure, have you checked,cleaned or replaced the injector pressure switch??? maybe its opening properley then closing when you let off the throttle,but not repening right when it comes back to idle??(just a thought) and check for vacume leaks

Last edited by wallace; 02-19-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Beginning Member
wallace is on a distinguished road
Default Need a spyder !!

JUST A QUESTION HERE,my 93 4.3 vortec needs a spyder and i dont really have the 400 bucks carquest charges.. does anyone know where to pick one up for less than $250

Old 02-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Starting Member

autozoo has them for 254.99

Old 02-20-2011, 10:51 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Wallace, there is an ad comes by the top banner for www.injectorwarehouse.com and I hear they sell them for like 179... You also should see whats leaking on it and just change the nut kit and FPR to save a few dimes. The spider it self is most likely OK still.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Starting Member

so besides helping out wallace anyonr got any ideas on mine...

update it doesnt have to be reved it will die idling also and then wont start

Old 02-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

you might check your spark. if it's orangish you'll probably want a new ignition coil.

also, nice threadjack wallace

Old 02-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Starting Member

already has a new coil on it as stated above in first post