1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

94 Fuel Problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
pbaxter87 is on a distinguished road
Default 94 Fuel Problem!!

I know everybody on here has this problem lol. But i just replaced the FPR and still having problems did not see any leaks with upper off even with pressure to it no spray or anything. I have good fuel pressure. so is there anyway to troubleshoot injectors or other means of finding leak im lost and frustrated lol... Truck misses alittle but after little drive time seems like it loads up and dies then wont start... HELP!! any would be appreciated Thanks

Old 05-07-2010, 08:56 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

get it running and then open the hood and wiggle the red/blue wires that come out of the intake behind/below your A/C compressor. The come out the drivers front side of the intake. Push them in and out a bit and jiggle them, do you make it run bad or stall out???

Old 05-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Default wires

So i wiggled the wires while running and it died?? Sooo....... what does that mean i need the whole unit?? Thanks for your help P.J.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Nope, but it does mean that you need to take off the upper plenum again. Then you take the injector harness off, cut the blue and red wires on the outside of the intake where you grabbed them.

Then you go to the parts store and buy a new injector harness. They are about 15 bucks. And if they cant find a part number for your blazer, then get one for a 95 fullsize truck, its the same part.

Then you put the new harness on, and poke the new wires out that grommet and do your soldering on the OUTSIDE of the intake. Problen fixed.

The little rubber thing inside the harness gets eroded after time and from raw fuel on it and makes a ****ty contact, thats why you are able to stall it by wiggling them. Just change the harness and you wont have a problem again.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:05 PM

Thanks man im gonna try it after i get off work. Will let u know the outcome.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:08 PM

Yeah let us know how you made out, lots of poeple dont ever come back and let us know then we wonder if they ever got their truck fixed or not...

You will find that the new one has a nice solid insert in it, and the one you cut out has a mooshy rubber insert that will stain your fingers black when you touch it, or it is gone completely. Thats the brains at the auto plant using a material that is not long time compatible with petroleum products - rubber, for the insert. The new one I got had a silicone insert that should last forever. The old plug flops around on the injector top while the new one is tight to it and wont wiggle.

You would do well to put some heatshrink tubing on the wires before you solder them so you can seal them off from moisture for when you wash the engine in the future. Some guys like electrical tape, but I dont use it for anything I could solder and heatshrink instead.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Thumbs up Looks Good!!

So got off work today and chased down part had it on hold last night lol. Replaced and so far does not miss or die. Even when wiggling wires
Thanks alot. Nothin Better Then A Chevy LOL

Old 05-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pbaxter87
Nothin Better Then A Chevy LOL
Henry Ford may have built the first car but GMC = God Made Chevy

Old 05-10-2010, 07:42 PM

Glad to hear its running allright for you now! I had the same problem among the multitude of problems mine had when i got it. Its a good truck for me now besides needing something every month. But it gives me stuff to do.

Outsyder, that is freaking awesome man! Never heard that in my life and I love it.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Default still not fixed

Well update! Not Good! lol runs better now but still dies even sooner now and just shuts down and wont start at all almost sounds electrical but dont think it is. Due to the fact that it finally threw the service engine light on which it has never done before since ive owned it lol. And smells almost like ether when it runs like real lean maybe? Thinkin o2 sensors which i have checked all the way down from the manifold flanges to the rear and no censors?? gonna thoroughly check manifolds and look for them next, but have been working seven days a week late so not much time. Any help appreciated. Dont wanna give up on it lol

Quick Reply: 94 Fuel Problem!!