1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

94' Jimmy idles rough the warmer it gets.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 03:06 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road
Default She runs!!!! Like a dream!!

Well i got the jimmy all back together and she runs great now, no more loading up, fuel pressure back to normal, FPR not leaking, fuel line don't leak anymore. No more idling like poo, No more black smoke, heck it doesn't smoke at all now! Wow for a $200.00 truck i guess it will be ok after all. Just needs exhaust now and she'll be ready to drive...... Thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions!

Old 02-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Congratulations!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:06 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Gimpy Blazer
Congratulations!
thank ya much!

Old 02-14-2010, 02:43 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bigdaddykane93
what did your spider sound like when it was bad? was it ticking or something? and what year is your truck? and were all yor tippets pissing fule out? also did you have any small puddles on the bottom of the intake?
It sounded like SHHHHHHHHH while the fuel pump was buzzin, no ticking that I could hear. Mine is a 93 vin W 4x4. Yes all the tippets were pissing out fuel, and yes the plenem was full of fuel and my oil was 4L overfull by the time I fixed it and drained the oil (made a great firestarter too). My problem was the tips of the spider not holding pressure, it was like they were on wide open mode. Not just vapor coming out, but LOTS of raw fuel.

Mr Hefner, congrats on your fix!

Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
It sounded like SHHHHHHHHH while the fuel pump was buzzin, no ticking that I could hear. Mine is a 93 vin W 4x4. Yes all the tippets were pissing out fuel, and yes the plenem was full of fuel and my oil was 4L overfull by the time I fixed it and drained the oil (made a great firestarter too). My problem was the tips of the spider not holding pressure, it was like they were on wide open mode. Not just vapor coming out, but LOTS of raw fuel.

Mr Hefner, congrats on your fix!
shouldnt all electric fuel pumps whine a little? i always was told that was normal and i can always hear an electric fuel pump a little if i go near it on any car. however if its really loud then i would say something is wrong then. if your tippets were not holding fuel, wasn't the fuel leaking directly into the cylinder head? and where was your fuel in the lower intake coming from? thanks

Old 03-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Beginning Member
Blazing Lexxx is on a distinguished road
hi everyone i have a 94 s-10 4 door blazer 4.6 vortec seems to be doing the same as hubert hefner
i changed all the spark plugs 3 were ok the other 3 were black n caked up it seems to idle a lill rough and on first gear it seems to be missing or something for a sec the she runs fine until i have to stop n start moving again .when it is in drive and i am at a stop it seems to idle really rough like it wants to turn off but it doesn't i usually put it in nuteral . i noticed today the temp gage isn't working i also got black smoke and smells like its running rich i only see the smoke when i get on the gas . i don't smell any gass commming from the engine but i was going to check in the morning i thought it might be a sensor any ideas

Last edited by Blazing Lexxx; 03-12-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazing Lexxx
hi everyone i have a 94 s-10 4 door blazer 4.6 vortec seems to be doing the same as hubert hefner
i changed all the spark plugs 3 were ok the other 3 were black n caked up it seems to idle a lill rough and on first gear it seems to be missing or something for a sec the she runs fine until i have to stop n start moving again .when it is in drive and i am at a stop it seems to idle really rough like it wants to turn off but it doesn't i usually put it in nuteral . i noticed today the temp gage isn't working i also got black smoke and smells like its running rich i only see the smoke when i get on the gas . i don't smell any gass commming from the engine but i was going to check in the morning i thought it might be a sensor any ideas
Where the 3 fouled plugs on the same side? Could be a fuel leak. What trouble codes are you getting if any?

Old 03-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Beginning Member
Blazing Lexxx is on a distinguished road

yeah they were on the same side passenger side . no i don't have a coder . fuel leak hugh? the day i changed them i rode around the block and the truck felt like it supposed to the next day it went back to acting up i havn't taken the new ones out to clean them if i have a fueal leak on that side how would i go abouts to find it

Old 03-12-2010, 11:20 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazing Lexxx
yeah they were on the same side passenger side . no i don't have a coder . fuel leak hugh? the day i changed them i rode around the block and the truck felt like it supposed to the next day it went back to acting up i havn't taken the new ones out to clean them if i have a fueal leak on that side how would i go abouts to find it
Check the link I emailed you. In all likelihood it would be your FPR leaking if anything. It sounds incredibly familiar to what my truck was doing before I replaced mine. The dirty spark plugs just on one side especially. I'm not guaranteeing that's your problem though...Go to autozone and get your codes read before you do anything. It's free.

Last edited by BlaziNator; 03-12-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:49 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

so far from everything your describing, it sounds like your fuel pressure regulator has gone bad and has started to leak. take out the manifold tuning valve located on the top of the intake and then look in there with a flashlight for small fuel puddles at the bottom of the intake...if you still cant see in there, take off the upper part of the intake so you can look and check for your fuel leak....

Quick Reply: 94' Jimmy idles rough the warmer it gets.