Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/)
-   -   94 s10 blazer hard staring problem (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/94-s10-blazer-hard-staring-problem-69704/)

drummerdude 04-06-2012 01:31 PM

94 s10 blazer hard staring problem

I know this topic has been covered before but I have having trouble finding all the infor / directions. 95% of the time when I go to start my blazer it give me this trouble. Very rarely does it start on the first try. Starts very hard. Like takes 8-10 trys to get it to fire, and sometimes it will stall out while trying to start or I can sometimes save it by hitting the gas. I know its not the fuel filter. Fuel pressure is in the mid 50s with the key on, and drops to about 30 in 10 mins. I read about the erg valve, is there a way to check the egr valve without replacing it / where is it located? Does not look to be the pump. Not really looking to dump a lot of money into this. Would a bad spider cause this even if it runs fine once its started? Ignition coil?

chris015 04-06-2012 02:51 PM

50 and to 30 in 10 min? sorry man,sounds like fpr is out,which is a common issue with cpi engines. turn key on must be above 60,and hold above 55ish for 10 minutes.

to make sure its the fpr and not the pumps check valve,do a test at the inlet of the fuel filter and if it drops there,its the pump,if it doesnt and drops when you check at the engine its the regulator/spider assembly.

drummerdude 04-06-2012 07:39 PM

I should add that once it is started it runs great, and will restart easily for the next 30 mins or so, after that its back to square 1

drummerdude 06-15-2012 12:23 PM

Been very slow on fixing this issue, life has gotten in the way of things. Anyway, I just borrowed a guage from Autozone again, but this time I cant get any pressure to read. I'll also add that the engine will start right up with a shot of starter fluid. Also, If I key on and off a few times in a row, I do not hear the pump running except for the first time, is this normal?

drummerdude 06-19-2012 07:28 PM

anyone?

slimshany6 06-21-2012 04:55 AM

Ok this happened to me after I changed the fuel pump yes after. I then went on to replace the spyder cap rotor and 3 or four sensors with no avail. So I went back to the root of the problem and dropped the tank again. Had a buddy hit the key with the pump part way out but still in enough to suck gas, and sure as **** the little cheap plastic clamps they give you to hook the rubber hose from pump to assending unit was leaking gas. So when I hit the key it would send half the gas it was supposed to to the truck the rest shot back in the tank. This is where I would start becasue mine did the same thing 10-15 tries to start then would run fine once it got goin. My question is does it fall on it's face after a certain rpm (starvin for gas)? hope this helps.

drummerdude 06-21-2012 10:36 PM

Ok, so turns out the guage was faulty, so I have a new one that works. tomorrow I will check pressure at the filter to see if it drops. Doesnt seem to be starving for fuel, once its started it will run fine. But recently, it will only refire within a few second of running. I had someone suggest jumping to another battery to see if that gives a possibly dying pump an extra boost.

Juss11 07-06-2012 11:23 PM

Fuel pressure regulator would be my guess also

drummerdude 07-13-2012 04:25 PM

I just replaced the spider, no luck, still wont start, didnt try shooting any starter fluid in there yet, but I'm assume it will act the same. I did not replace the nut kit, but I checked for leaks and found none, I could turn the key on and there was no gas spraying. What next?

johnbunso 07-20-2012 03:26 PM

hard start

Originally Posted by drummerdude (Post 530017)
I just replaced the spider, no luck, still wont start, didnt try shooting any starter fluid in there yet, but I'm assume it will act the same. I did not replace the nut kit, but I checked for leaks and found none, I could turn the key on and there was no gas spraying. What next?

Did you ever solve this issue?I have a 97 blazer doing the same exact thing you are describing.I plan on changing the FPR tonight unless I hear from you before on what you done to fix yours?Let me know PLLEEAASSSSEEE