1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

94 s10 blazer - rear trouble... i think.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Beginning Member
thrash902 is on a distinguished road
Default 94 s10 blazer - rear trouble... i think.

hi im new on here so im sorry if there is already a thread for this. i just got my 1994 blazer inspected, new exhaust (nothing fancy) and some other various things. the problem, that i am having with it is with the rear end. when put it in reverse and push on the gas the slightest bit the back end shakes like hell. my guess is something is slipping. i have little mechanic experience so i have no clue on what it could be.

ps: if it matters, my blazer is a 94 4.3 vortec engine, 4wd.

to update what i said previously, ive talked to alot of people and they seem to think its the transmission. if that helps anybody to help me.

Last edited by thrash902; 10-26-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Starting Member
rastoma is on a distinguished road

Def. sounds like transmission. Do you get any rough action on first gear?

If reverse is messed up 1st usually displays signs too.

What color is the transmission fluid (wipe it from the stick)? Does it smell burnt?

Old 10-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member

first is fine. so is second. the trans fluid is fine. its the red color it should be and it smells a little burnt but not to bad.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

it sounds more like he has stick than auto.

my '92 had the same problem when i first got it in '96. i was told the truck needed a clutch (i knew this when i bought it). 3 months later i finally did the clutch (the clutch seemed ok, i just wanted to change it before Winter came). when i pulled the trans, i found that the previous owner (original owner) had some how split the bell housing from just above the driver's side dowel, all the way up & over the top, through the starter bump, to about 2" from the face of it. cost me $2800 for a "refurb" from GM.
don't know how the hell it was done, all i know is, i was the only one who was able to reverse the truck, 'cause the shifter would try and break your wrist if you didn't do it juuuust right.

thrash, it's been a week since you posted.............have you fixed the issue?

Old 10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Beginning Member

its defiantly not standard. i wish it was. id love for that beast of a truck to be standard. and no the problem hasn't been fixed. it been doing it ever since we got it and with the money issues we have i don't want to try to fix it unless its the right thing.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:50 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

that's f**ked up! i posted before you had a response to rastoma there (i even checked after i posted), but your's bumped mine today, wierd.
anyways, it seems you answered me though.
and no, you don't wish your truck was stick, those trans don't take any abuse whatsoever (that's why i was on my third trans in 6 years). but i still want it back.
i just missed a '94 Jimmy with the same set-up as my '92 last year (only the 3rd one i've ever seen)

Old 10-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Starting Member
fondo has a little shameless behavior in the past

How do the U-joints look?

Old 10-30-2009, 09:41 PM
BF Guru

you originally said you thought it was in the diff, but then said others suggested the trans. have you dropprd the cover for the diff and looked @ it?

Old 10-31-2009, 07:50 AM
Beginning Member

um.... um..... i have no mechanic experience once so ever. apart the normal stuff like oil, brake, spark plugs, and stuff like that, i have no clue lol. my moms boyfriend takes care of that and i hel[p and learn for now. he cant use a computer so all infor nmations i get will be passed to him and then he (we) will go from there. but if u wanna give me a list of things to tell him to check that will great. (sorry im new at it) o and sorry for bumping you,i dont know if did it if the forum just messed up.