1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Air Conditioning issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Conditioning issues

Hey Every One, I'm working on my project Blazer s-10 at the moment and would like to remove the ac and need a bit of help dis-charging the system to take it out.
Its a '91 Blazer S-10 4wd 4.3L TBI.
As well i know i have to get a AC Deletion pulley but are there any other things i need to take into consideration when doing this, Thanks.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Take your truck to a qualified A/C repair shop to have the A/C system drained.

As far as other things to consider... If you are ever intending on getting the A/C functional again, I would just leave it all intact and disconnect the A/C compressor. Just make sure that you power up the compressor clutch from time to time to turn the compressor and lube the seals.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Starting Member

I actually Found out that the AC system was not functional, there was no pressure in the system. My Original Intentions were to completely remove the ac all together. This has now been done so im just left with a bin of extra parts lol.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:25 AM
bumsinthehouse is on a distinguished road

are you just looking to remove the compressor for more power or are you looking to remove all the componets to remove weight also ??? because if you are doing that you remove the a/c condensor in front of the radiator which will give u a little bit better air flow for the radiator and then you can remove all the lines but i wouldnt worry about taking the condensor from the dash unless you needed the money from the scrap aluminum but it would be much cleaner under the hood if you removed it all.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Starting Member

Yea i have pretty much removed everything AC related under the hood.
Im just not a fan of AC. I don't use it, my idea of ac is 2 windows down and 60 mph.
as for the delete pulley, are there any other mods i have to do to ensure im not messing with the operation of the truck?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:52 AM
bumsinthehouse is on a distinguished road

no big mods just tape up the low pressure switch plug and the compressor electrical plug or cut them off your choice but as far as the delete pully if you have one already just buy a belt for the blazer with no ac because i think the delete pulley is slightly smaller but i dont remember but that should be the only mod needed for your delete

Old 04-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Starting Member

Right On thanks Guys.