1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

anyone know the model # for 5spd. manual trans.?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 04:53 PM
BlazeringSaddles is on a distinguished road

yeah, I hear ya' on what part of BC you're in... the coast is too wet and gloomy 1/2 the year, but very beautiful scenery! alot sunnier and drier over by the divide! will drop you a line when I get up that way. Stuck n the lower 48 for now, waiting to win the lottery like most others I guess. Sure aren't many jobs in other words take care

Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

tell me about it, been laid-off since June 5th.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:04 AM

Yeah, been over a year for me, but winter is coming now, so I can catch up on my inside chores. Or , as I like to call them my "domesticity" crap... Plus I like to read, so I could care less wht it's doing outside, UNTIL I have to go out and fix my old clunkers---LMFAO!!!----

We had our first taste of winter this evening as a Nor'Easter blew in off the mighty North Atlantic, so we got SNOW!!! Nothing that stuck as we're on the coast (Long Island Sound), so it was mixed in with rain, but felt RAW out w./ a high of only abt. 7* or 8*C. / 45*F. today with 20 mph winds off and on. They got some snow on the ground inland up in the hills going towards Albany, NY. I heard.

My hands froze by the time I got back from only being out on the bike for 20 mins. Had to go check out the wild surf that we get w./ these Nor' Easters. I LIVE for this time of year though. that's te only reason I could even THINK of moving to Canada at my age! Most people around here cower and whine when it gets the least bit cold. But I got used ot it in Montana where it dips down to -40*F./ -40*C. during the coldest part of winter. ...Mid-Jan. to mid-Feb. that is!

Old 10-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Beginning Member
thrash902 is on a distinguished road

just a quick question... if i have a blazer that has automatic tranny in it, what would be the difficulty and the price of switching it to a standard? so it would be atomatic to standard. (4wd of course)

Old 10-30-2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by thrash902
just a quick question... if i have a blazer that has automatic tranny in it, what would be the difficulty and the price of switching it to a standard? so it would be atomatic to standard. (4wd of course)
That is a GREAT Q: thrash, unfortunately I'm new to the world of S-10's and S-10 Blazers, so can't be of much help. I think you should post that Q: in this (1st gen.) column, as most of us are curious about your query therein! I searched high and low to find a standard, as I've NEVER thought Chebbie's 'Slip and Slides' (auto. trannys) were worth a flying "F". But I'm talking about in the "olden days" of the TH-350's, and TH-400's. They were better than Ford's C-4'/ C-6's (auto.'s), but that ain't saying a hell of a lot either! __LMAO!!!! What can I say, I'm a Mopar guy, and the old Torque-flites were bullet -proof...

Old 10-31-2009, 01:27 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

nv3500 in a 4.3

Old 10-31-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by packofqtips
nv3500 in a 4.3
Thanks guy, appreciate your help! I looked up the New Venture 3500 in Wikipedia in case anyone needs more info. on the NV3500 !? I've heard they are a pretty reliable unit.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BlazeringSaddles
That is a GREAT Q: thrash, unfortunately I'm new to the world of S-10's and S-10 Blazers, so can't be of much help. I think you should post that Q: in this (1st gen.) column, as most of us are curious about your query therein! I searched high and low to find a standard, as I've NEVER thought Chebbie's 'Slip and Slides' (auto. trannys) were worth a flying "F". But I'm talking about in the "olden days" of the TH-350's, and TH-400's. They were better than Ford's C-4'/ C-6's (auto.'s), but that ain't saying a hell of a lot either! __LMAO!!!! What can I say, I'm a Mopar guy, and the old Torque-flites were bullet -proof...
ya gotta luv Ma Mopar for some serious iron she turned out. personally, i prefer my A833.

Originally Posted by BlazeringSaddles
Thanks guy, appreciate your help! I looked up the New Venture 3500 in Wikipedia in case anyone needs more info. on the NV3500 !? I've heard they are a pretty reliable unit.
sorry Blazering, but you heard wrong. i went through 3 of them in a little over 6 years, and the first replacement was a reman from GM........it lasted 2 1/2 years.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Beginning Member
thrash902 is on a distinguished road

yea im new to the whole s10 thing. so i dont want this to seem like a dumb question, can i get a better standard tranny then the stock? or is that a question that i should post in a new thread?

Old 10-31-2009, 11:08 PM
BF Guru

there are quite a few companies out there that make decent manual trans, but i'm not sure how many make 'em for a 4x4. i figure it shouldn't be that difficult to do, it's basically a shorter output shaft with the 4WD tail stock housing.

Quick Reply: anyone know the model # for 5spd. manual trans.?