1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

approval documents for bigger tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011 | 11:40 AM
|
Beginning Member
Sigg is on a distinguished road
Default approval documents for bigger tires

there may be many misspellings and weird words but i hope you understand what I mean, im from Norway so i dont speak so much english.

Im building my s10 up to be a better offroader, ive done alot of mods so far, and I have put on some 31x10.5" cooper STT mud terrains on.

The problem is, here in Norway the car inspection guys say I have to get approval from Chevrolet or an independet laboratory or something, that tells them that this car is okay to drive around with these tires.
unless I get this on paper from somewhere, they wont write them into the car info paper thing, (Certificates of Title?) so is there anyone here who knows if its possible to get such documents? and if so, from where? from chevrolet, or somewhere else?

im talking about documents that says the s10s can handle bigger tires than the originals, that the drivetrain can handle it, that its safe for both the car and rest of the traffic and so on, documents like that im after.. redicilous rules i know..
cause if I cant get an approval about this im driving around risking getting a ticket and control check everytime I get pulled over..

So if anyone can help me about this, it would help me really much..

thanks!
-Sigg

Old 07-06-2011 | 12:32 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

The S10s and Blazers with the ZR2 package came from the factory with 31" tires. Maybe showing them that it was an option from the factory would help? I don't know how to go about getting documentation for that though.

Old 07-06-2011 | 12:41 PM
|
Beginning Member

okey thanks, that might help me out if I cant get any other documents about this.

I dont even know if its possible but worth asking incase it is.

Last edited by Sigg; 07-06-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: searched and found my answer.
Old 07-06-2011 | 05:24 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

wow that sucks tell them togo bust someone elses hub caps like really

Old 07-07-2011 | 12:03 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I would just get the inspection, THEN put the bigger tires on. I doubt the cops are ever gonna notice and hassle ya for it.

Thats a weird rule for sure. We have 30" lift rig rockets on 50 inch tires belching black smoke rocketing around my city all day long...

Im sure if you show them the ZR2 thing they will buy it and let your blazer roll.

Old 07-07-2011 | 02:02 AM
|
Beginning Member

yeah i know its just crazy.. Im gonna try talk some sense into the guys by telling about the zr2 package, but I doubt it will work unless i try on a day the inspector is in good mood.

there is so many weird car laws here you have no idea..

half my car is now illegal by their book, thats my problem. if I get pulled over now they probably take my licence plates..

Old 07-07-2011 | 08:35 AM
Oystein is on a distinguished road

Hei, flytt til sverige... :S

The only thing I can suggest is to refer to the ZR2 specs, but even that is unlikely to help since the ZR2 had several strenghtening upgrades. Most people will just fit some bigger wheels and hope that they're not caught. Have a set of small wheels for the pkk (eu-kontr.).

Evt kan du prøve å få den godkjent på en annen trafikkstasjon. Kanskje en der de ikke vet forskjell på s10 og k5, vet det finnes tüv papirer på 35" til k5