1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

body lift concerns

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Boosted95PGT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default body lift concerns

my buddy has a 94 blazer like mine and he lifted it and mentioned having alot more issues than the company who manufactures the kit had told him..

but upon further inspection of his install i noticed the stock rubber bushing on the underside of the frame mount was missing and he left the stock rubber bushing on the top (he said removing the lower one gave him the bolt slack needed) so i think he actually got MORE than 3 inches lift and hence why the issues he had?

Old 11-13-2006, 12:41 AM
sledneck16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: body lift concerns

sounds like it to me---tell him to take one of his body bolts to crappy tire and get one the same thread only long enough to work---that or put the body lift in properly lol

from the bottom it should be--bolt head--washer--bushing--frame mount--lift bushing--body.

if hes having continuing trouble with it then he should put it down to where it should be.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:57 AM

so your saying he probably has like a 4inch body lift then? because he had to replace his gas filler tube and had issues with other things as well

Old 11-14-2006, 06:00 PM

[sm=wakeup.gif]i know alot of u blazer guys do body lifts cmon!

Old 11-14-2006, 09:35 PM

effectively it sounds like hes MADE it a 4 inch body lift......he really should drop it back down if hes having a lot of problems....i will be putting a 2 inch body lift in the spring on my blazer to clear 31x10.5 MTRs

---if you get a quality kit like performance accessories', you should not have any problems, or if you do they should be quite minor.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:09 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I did a 3" body lift. I used a kit designed for a S10-pickup on my Blazer. No real trouble to speak of. Lengthen the filler tube, more some wires, trim off the lower rad fan shroud, and extend the tranny shift linkage. but all normal stuff.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

Sledneck...... You got a 2 inch susp lift too or is it only gonna be the 2 inch body??

Old 11-15-2006, 09:38 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I put a 3" body lift in and my kit came with a filler tube extender and shift extender. The only problems I had to deal with were the steering and busting out the bottom of the fan shroud.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: 88s10Blazer

I put a 3" body lift in and my kit came with a filler tube extender and shift extender. The only problems I had to deal with were the steering and busting out the bottom of the fan shroud.
what company was that from?

Old 11-16-2006, 01:14 AM

yea right now i just have a 2" suspension lift---I cranked my torsion bars a few turns--my cv shaft angles are still pretty stout--and then I had some shackles made up at a welding shop for like 50 bucks.

I've got rims coming now, and i'll have my tires and 2" body lift by the spring. [8D] maybe i'll have my front license plate back on by then too lol---no cops have cared so far....[8D][:-]

Quick Reply: body lift concerns