1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Door Locks, Interior lights, Electric Seats,

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Duramaxdiesel is on a distinguished road
Default Door Locks, Interior lights, Electric Seats,

And the transfer case is stuck in 4hi. I looked in the manuel and it says it's a 30amp fuse that controls all these functions. Where is this fuse located? My girlfriend drives with the seat all the way forward (she's short) so it's kinda hard to get to the fuse panel if it is there.
Thanks for any help!

Nick

Old 12-29-2010, 05:06 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what you are driving?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:11 PM

Damn sorry guys. I didn't fill out my sig yet. It's a 1991 GMC S10 Jimmy. Full load with V6 4x4.

It's a winter beater you could say but it is in very nice shape. I'm not shy to say I don't know much about it. I'm a full-size diesel guy but I bought this for my girlfriend to use.

Last edited by rriddle3; 12-29-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 12-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The locks and seats are both powered through the PWR ACC (30A) circuit breaker which does also supply power to the encoder motor on the transfer case.

I could not find any reference to the PWR ACC circuit breaker in the interior lighting schematics.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:07 PM

Wow thanks for the info! Do you know where I can find that fuse? Is it under the dash by the steering wheel?

Nick

Old 12-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The fuse box should be off the end of the dash on the driver side either that or under the dash on the driver side. I can't remember the 1st gens too well.

It will be a silver canister larger than a fuse since its a circuit breaker.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:31 PM

Ah ok so I would have to change that canister out complete? Thanks for the heads up! Going to pull it out now and head to the parts store.

Thanks again!

Nick

Old 12-31-2010, 01:48 PM

Well I finally got around to pulling that fuse out. And when I did I burned my finger! Literally! I have a blister on my finger now. Why would it be so hot? The truck wasn't ran for over 24 hours. I had to use long nose pliers to get it out. It would also explain why my battery was drained. The only thing that has constant power I think is the seats. I checked to see if a button was stuck or something but everything looks good. I'm still going to change the fuse and see what happens. Could the fuse be defective?

Thanks!

Nick

Old 12-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Administrator

That is a circuit breaker which will overload and open up, then cool, reset, and start all over again with the overloading.

You have a short on that circuit somewhere.

On the newer trucks, the wires that run to the seat under the carpet on the driver side are often the cause of a short circuit like this.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:36 PM

Hmm very interesting. I'm in Montreal, Canada so we did get a bit of snow. Maybe water soaked the carpet? I'll pull the carpet up on that side and take a look. Thank you so much for the help and quick reply! Very much appreciated

Quick Reply: Door Locks, Interior lights, Electric Seats,