1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Egr

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Beginning Member
seanpconley is on a distinguished road
Default Egr

94 s-10 W Over the summer I replaced the FPR, Plugs, wires, nut kit and got another spider from a junk yard cuz I broke mine. Lately the car IDLES like crap and hesitates on acceleration. I should of replaced the distributor parts when I was in there but at a quick glance they looked fine.. If I unplug the EGR what can I expect to happen any other ideas why my ride is stumbling I mean it gets me from point a-b heat works a/c works and I get like 17 mpg could it be exhaust related also ??? Oh I should add that the plug wire that goes to the ICM is rusty but I assume works because it won't start if I unhook it

Last edited by seanpconley; 11-25-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:53 AM
94BlazerPA is on a distinguished road

fuel filter maybe. check all your connections, plug wires, etc. What your fuel pressure?

Old 11-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Beginning Member

I should of sated that it is a fairly new gas tank and fuel pump. I haven't checked the pressure and will can you think of anything else if that is good. I am actually at work yeah I know it's thanksgiving but what if I go and unplug the egr will I beable to tell if it's bad based on what the engine does?

Old 11-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Beginning Member
shawncullen is on a distinguished road

unplugging it wont help
its really easy to take it off and see if its clogged by
a hunk of carbon though

Old 11-26-2010, 04:55 AM

so when you replaced the pump and tank, did you replace the filter?

Old 11-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Beginning Member

yes I did replace the filter twice.....because the new gas tank came from a junk yard.....I need to check for codes but I also need to replace the wire to ignition control module it's pretty rusty inside of it near the dist cap ..blazerpa where abouts in pa are u I live in NEPA?

Old 11-27-2010, 10:12 PM

yeah it could be a bad connection

I'm down in Philadelphia

Old 11-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Beginning Member

I'm in wilkes-barre anyway I took out the egr and cleaned it today!! changed the dist and rotor while under the plenum also.... I swapped that bad wire out for another one from a junk yard looked good to me? decided at night to look under the hood and I saw sparks and heard popping at the ICM this can't be normal eh? that surely would cause the car to run like hell IMO

Old 11-30-2010, 06:08 PM

yeah seeing sparks isnt good. I havent had to mess with my ICM, so I cant help you at what would be causing the sparks.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Beginning Member

I stand corrected the part that is popping is the actual coil not the ICM.. I really hope this takes care of my sluggish ride the wires and plugs were done in the summer so prolly not them I don't know anyone think a bad coil although always starts would make it run kindda crappy?

Quick Reply: Egr