1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

exhaust leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Beginning Member
brett robinson is on a distinguished road
Exclamation exhaust leak

in need of help the blazer is shooting a 32 trouble code (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) how do i fix it.....its a 4.3 6 cyl. vortec

Old 05-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could start by cleaning the EGR valve...

*Moving to 1st Gen Tech since you have a '94* - Please read the descriptions of the sections and choose the most appropriate section before posting. Also, please always include your vehicle information in any thread asking for technical advice.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Beginning Member

I dont know were it is....An how do you clean it????

Last edited by brett robinson; 05-04-2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: missed
Old 05-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Search is your friend. It won't bite, promise!

The EGR valve is located just under the throttle body above the water pump, smack dab in the middle/front of the engine. It is a cylinder with an electrical connection on top of it. You will need some sensor safe carbon cleaner, a brush of some sort, and a new gasket to clean it.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Beginning Member

rofl.....aight thanks man....is there anything i should know before i clean it though like any specific way or anything like that??????I mean cause this is MY first car and my mom dont let me do to much work on her focus...i mean i have done a good amount of stuff but i just want to be as carefull as i` can you know......
Thanks

Old 05-05-2010, 03:04 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Its not gonna be hard. Some guys manage to get it our of there without taking off the throttlebody, I cant seem to do that so I take mine off and clean it too, its only 4 bolts and a couple other connections.

You want to clean all the carbon crap outta it. The little spring thing should push in easily and come back to plug the hole. Clean out the hole in your intake where it mounted to as well as you can, try and break it off if its a hard clump and vaccum it out, I wouldnt let it go into the intake. You can test the EGR with a voltmeter as well if you have it.

All of the info you need will be found if you go to the search as Swart says and type in "EGR code 32"

Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Beginning Member

yea i just looked and i think i can get it without taking out the throttle body but im not sure but thanks man

Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Being a 94 it's is unlikely you have a throttle body (99% of 94 s-series blazers were cpi), it's very easy to get off one of the first things I did when I bought mine.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

I have a 94 (with everything on it) and have taken mine off to clean it without removing anything else other than the hose. Just have patience. Ohsofly is right about cleaning the passage in the intake. Mine was solidly blocked the entire way. There was no way it was working right. Berrymans B-12 cuts the stuff pretty good but I'm sure other carbon cleaners will work for you just as well. I had to chunk mine out and finish with the cleaner.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Beginning Member

aight thanks

but uh dude mine does have a throttle body and so does yours everyone does

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-06-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to include additional information in your post if another member has yet to reply.

Quick Reply: exhaust leak