1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

good news on sick blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 12:15 PM
vmx120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good news on sick blazer

Well, guys and gals, thank you all for your help, and hearty thanks goes out to swartlkk, he nailed it. After messing around testing all the sensors, as best I could with a vom meter. I just now took the plenum off and guess what I found. A nice pool of gas sitting in the right rear quatrant of the intake manifold. Turned on the ign switch and waited. It took a while but sure enough a drip came out of the fuel feed line. After I removed the hose I found a pinhole at the hose connection. I could have sat in that trruck for days listening for that fuel pump to kick back on as small as this hole was. Now I just have to find a new hose.

What can I say. Swartlkk your a pretty smart guy, and even though you chewed my *** off at first I am glad we got back on track and you helped me with fixing my, rather my wifes truck. My rides are actually a chopped 74 Honda 750 four, and a nissan pu truck. Although I just picked up an 82 GMC 1/2 ton, with NO EMISSIONS on it and a 350 thats just beggin to be tricked out. But thats for another forum.

Thanks Again, and for the rest of you, there are some pretty smart folks on this site, hang in there and listen and you'll get all the help you need and get your ride runnin again.

Geoff

Old 09-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: good news on sick blazer

Another success story! Talusgirl will be pleased that this 12-step worked for you!

Old 09-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to help out!

Old 09-26-2005, 05:18 PM

Okayy, one small glitch. O'reilly and autozone don't have and can't get the part, so went to the local chevy dealer. $80.00 for the one hose. I DON"T THINK SO! Any suggestions, maybe an on line parts source that you folks have had good dealings with.

Thanks
Geoff

Old 09-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you know the part number, you can go to GMPartsDirect.com. Be aware, the shipping from there is killer. You should be able to find the whole CPI unit for around $300 from GMPD.com. If you don't know the part number, email the folks at GMPD.com customer service and tell htem what you have (be specific - ie. year, make, model, trim level, vin # in its entirety, etc). They should be able to hook you up with all of the part numbers you need to fix up your blazer.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Administrator

RockAuto.com would also be another alternative. I'm not sure if they would have what you need, but it's something to check out. GMPD.com seems to have very slow shipping for the outrageous prices they charge for the shipping & handling.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Talusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, Ive got a '76 Honda 750-four SS! It's fast, but it's a rough ride, is it the fact that it's an older bike? I know it's off the topic...

Old 09-27-2005, 12:53 AM

Okay I'll give them a try, hopefully I don't need the entire CPI, its just the plastic feed line that runs into the cpi from the fuel line under the plenum that was leaking.

Talusgirl. The 750 can be a bit on the rough side, but check your tire pressure, rear shocks and fluid level in the front forks.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Talusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I wasn't more specific-duh. The engine is a bit rough. It's got a 'cherry bomb' exaust, so it's a little on the loud side, sounds cool though. It just runs -for lack of better words-rough. A lot of vibration. And I just think it's too big and heavy for me. I'm 5'9', but I think I'd like a shorter bike-I feel off-balance.

Old 09-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Default RE: good news on sick blazer one more ?

Got the fuel line taken care of, got it all back together and kind of hard to start and the fuel pump is making a pretty good racket back there. I don't think its anything more than bleeding the fuel system. With ti being a closed system its a good bet its full of air. I saw the bleeder or test valve when I had the plenum off. What is the best way to go about it?

Thanks
Geoff

Quick Reply: good news on sick blazer