1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

great start to the new year, NEED HELP ASAP !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 09:21 PM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation great start to the new year, NEED HELP ASAP !!!!!!!

I officially hate my blazer my wife was coming home from work she stopped to get pizza and as she was pulling in to the parking spot she stalled, backfired, etc etc so yeah I think this issue is related to my spark plug wires (posted in another thread) I have the new ones but my truck is currently broke down 9 miles away in astoria so I have to go there after I get off of work tomorrow since I have to get a ride and it will be daylight I am going to put the new wires on and hope like hell ti works it is getting plenty of juice and I can smell where the carb is and it is getting gas so yeah hopefully it runs if not I am selling it and will be looking for a new rig ..... if anyone has any suggestions PLEASE let me know.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Starting Member

anyone ? anyone at all ? please help I need some advice on how to get my rig back to my house before it gets towed by the city !!!!! please

Old 01-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a thought... Get a friend with a truck to tow it back?

You could always pay to have it towed back to your house... 9 miles shouldn't be that bad.

Common sense things really... Just sayin'.

Anyone that you know have AAA? If so, get it towed for free.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Here's a thought... Get a friend with a truck to tow it back.

You could always pay to have it towed back to your house... 9 miles shouldn't be that bad.

Common sense things really... Just sayin'.

Anyone that you know have AAA? If so, get it towed for free.

unfortunately the only person I know that has AAA has used all their towing usage or something like that is what they told me and if I knew someone that could tow it back I would and I don't have the money to pay to get it towed this blazer is just a god damn nightmare and I am about to sell it off for parts. I just replaced all the wires today and still nothing so that was just a waste of time this whole ordeal just pisses me off because it is my dd

Old 01-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you're gonna get a work out then.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:20 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Does an '89 have an HEI coil? I had one on my '80 sierra grande & it buggered up. Backfired, would randomly stall, misfire etc. Wouldn't start & when it did it backfired & blew the muffler clean off because of all the raw fuel in the exhaust.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Starting Member

not sure if it does or not rottidog and swartlkk I would get a workout but I am not going to walk 20 miles a day to get to and from work and I don't think my wife would enjoy walking 50 miles a day lol for me to get to work in time I would have to leave around 11pm - midnight to be at work at 5 am so yeah not gonna happen lol

Old 01-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Your choice if you want to walk to/from work, but considering that the Blazer is currently closer than your work, might consider pushing it back if you can't pay to get it retrieved for you.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Starting Member

The Blazer is only about 1/2 mile from my work so it is 9 1/2 miles away as compared to my work that is 10 miles away so I don't think I will be pushing it home anytime soon.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:51 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I think he was saying you could do that so the city doesn't tow it since you asked for a way of avoiding that scenario...

Have you tested to make sure you actually have spark before just throwing a new set of plug wires on?

Quick Reply: great start to the new year, NEED HELP ASAP !!!!!!!