1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

how much oil?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:09 AM
killerelfboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how much oil?

hey i have a 1994 chevy s10 blazer tahoe trim, i went to Wal mart to get my oil changed, they said i was really low and had me sign this thing saying they could work on my car, which is ok i signed it and all, but when i got the invoice it said they put 8 quarts of oil into my truck, is that how much it takes? i used to have a honda and it only took 4.

How much oil am i supposed to have in my car? and if this is a bad amount they put it (been driving it for a week anyway) how do i fix this?

Old 08-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: how much oil?

8QUARTS!!!

WOW.. What does it read on the dip stick? I have never put much more than 5 quarts in my old Bravada. My new Rainier takes 7qts, but that's a I6 engine...

Old 08-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point

According to Autozone's site.....a 94 Blazer should take 4 1/2 quarts of oil. Wonder who else's car got new oil for free?????

Old 08-23-2007, 07:33 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Go get your money back... They either WAY over filled your engine, or stole from you.

If they refuse to refund your money and/or do a proper oil change... I'm not sure if there's a BBB in the US, but hopefully...

Old 08-23-2007, 11:48 AM

but they had me sign a waiver becuase it was low, so will they say i all ready signed a disclaimer?

is it possible they fit that much oil into my car or was it a mistake and it got added in to the invoice wrong?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll ask again, what does the oil level read on your dipstick?

There is no way they put 8 qts of oil in your truck if it reads in the range on the dipstick. For that a disclaimer is not going to save them from calling them on over charging.

And I'll add that I would love to hear them justify the extra 3qts because you were low on oil to begin with. LMAO!! That would be SO funny!!

Old 08-23-2007, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The thing you signed was most likely just a service agreement saying "Yes, I authorized these people to work on my vehicle."

I know at the dealership, you have to sign a release saying they can do the work, and you have to sign again when you pick it up...

It doesn't change the fact that they rooked you for almost 4 quarts of oil.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:29 PM
BradensCreed is an unknown quantity at this point

i never take any vehicle to wal mart. ive seen them take off oil drain plugs with an impact... retarded.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:36 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: BradensCreed

ive seen them take off oil drain plugs with an impact.
Better than putting it on with one.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:59 AM

i went there today, they checked my oil and it was about a half quart over they say (5 quarts in) so they refunded me the extra 3 quarts, i guess some moron wrote me up for extra?

Quick Reply: how much oil?