1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Missing while driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Starting Member
abadinalbany is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Missing while driving

ORIGINAL: ware8083

ok, i got work on the blazer today and I found that the coil per the book test bad due to a infinite ohm reading on the secondary to primary test. Didn't have time to make to store to pickup a new one yet, but does this the problem u get when a coil goes bad?
definitely. bad coil, no spark, or weak spark, or irregular spark.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:02 PM
ware8083 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok i got time this weekend to work on the blazer and found that i was lied to and the spider injectors are not new, fuel pump is new and a good fuel filter in on. i did put on a new coil. So to completely revise everything its a 94 4.3l that cuts out when you get on the gas and if you get on it all the way it will evenually die. it wont start right back up but if u wait about 10mins it will start back up to resume the same problem again. i have good compression in all cylinders and new plugs wires and cap and rotor and coil. how can i verify that the fuel reg is working or am i looking in the wrong place??

Old 11-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A fuel pressure test will let you know if the fuel pressure regulator is working properly.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:14 PM

fuel pressure test good its at 59psi. next question is its kinda acts like it vapor locking? any ideas on that.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Highly doubtful with a return style fuel system...

Old 11-17-2008, 05:21 PM
chrisgrab86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem. Its very hard to start some times and other times it starts right up and goes then down the road it starts missing or starving for fuel, my first guess was the fuel filter and it was running great for a day and then the problem came right back so i thought the tank had dirt in it so i flushed it and put in a new filter but still no fix. im about to redo the plugs, wires, cap and rotor but i fear its something else. why am i not getting a DTC ? How do i check the code memory? i have a 90 Honda accord and there is a trick where i can jump 2 pins and the codes will flash on the dash. is there a simaler method for this 91 blazer?

Old 11-17-2008, 08:14 PM

yeah jumper the top two slots on the right side. should be the same as the honda

Old 11-17-2008, 09:05 PM
chrisgrab86 is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet thanks. does anyone have a DTC code list? i just finished the tune up "plugs, wires, cap, rotor" and still same crap. started it and it ran fine and then when i started it for a test drive it started then started missing or starving for fuel, im thinking its a sensor some where like a MASS air flow or something though i don't see one on the truck

Old 12-03-2008, 05:49 PM

well i finally have got it running better, but at a high rev while in park it start cuting out do 94s have a rev limiter??

Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 PM
rattosh51 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: ware8083

ok i got time this weekend to work on the blazer and found that i was lied to and the spider injectors are not new, fuel pump is new and a good fuel filter in on. i did put on a new coil. So to completely revise everything its a 94 4.3l that cuts out when you get on the gas and if you get on it all the way it will evenually die. it wont start right back up but if u wait about 10mins it will start back up to resume the same problem again. i have good compression in all cylinders and new plugs wires and cap and rotor and coil. how can i verify that the fuel reg is working or am i looking in the wrong place??
Suspect your Fuel Pressure Regulator-check this thread out to see how to look at it.
https://blazerforum.com/m_65358/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Missing while driving