1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

need alittle help 94 blazer vortex

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:52 PM
chopsling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need alittle help 94 blazer vortex

Hey peeps

So I'm new but I have been reading throught all the post looking for help on my blazer. So thinkin I would pick all your brains on this with a new post.

I have a 1994 blazer vortex motor

Seem like I'm not getting any fuel, pressure is good,new fuel filter, fuel pump sounds like it's working. So I'm at a loss, I took the rear fuel line out of the fuel filter and turned it over to see if it is spitting gas. And it does alot. soI'm missing somthin up more torwards the motor? Thanks for any help with this.

Gy

Old 06-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Default RE: need alittle help 94 blazer vortex

sorry about the double post.

so will the fuel pump make noise if not working?

Old 06-04-2008, 03:08 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, a fuel pump can make noise and still not be supplying enough fuel to run the engine. Can you tell us exactly what symptoms the truck is exhibiting? Have you used a fuel pressure gauge to check the fuel pressure?

Old 06-04-2008, 03:12 PM

I don't have a pressure gauge to check it with. Is there anything else I can do to see if it is getting the needed pressure?

It sounds like it wants to start up,but won't fire up enless I spray it with start spray. Fuel pump hums when turned on.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have to check it with a gauge. Some parts stores are starting to rent equipment like this for a fee, fully refundable upon return of the tool.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:21 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

At least a 50/50 chance that it's the pump, but without testing with a gauge you can't tell too much. It's a 'rule out' procedure. The problem could also be not enough spark. Have you checked for spark at the plug-end of the wires?

Old 06-04-2008, 03:35 PM

yes has good spark. So if I need to change out the fuel pump, how hard of a job would it be?

Old 06-04-2008, 04:13 PM
BF Guru

Well, I haven't had to do it on mine (knock on wood), but it can be a pain. There areseveral threads from folks that have done it themselves. Have a read (use the 'search' function for 'change fuel pump' etc) and see what you think.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:29 PM

ok so I got the fuel pump in today, pressure is all good but does not want to start. any ideas? thanks

Old 06-09-2008, 03:13 PM
BF Guru

To start an engine it takes air, fuel, and spark. You said the spark is good, I assume air is getting to the engine, so that leaves fuel. You still have not tested the pressure, right?

Quick Reply: need alittle help 94 blazer vortex