1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Need pic of 4.3L TBI engine..

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:00 PM
tim_dean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need pic of 4.3L TBI engine..

Hello all,

I had a friend come help me pull the motor out of my 1991 blazer 4.3L TBI 4x4. Long story short, Im looking for some pictures of the top of the motor so I can put it all back together. I have the TBI bolted back on, but I dont know where all the fuel/evap/throttle/intake lines and wires and sensor wires go.
Do anybody have any close-up pics of a 4.3L TBI motor? Preferably with the air filter housing removed...

Thanks in advance for any help.
Tim

Old 12-22-2007, 01:00 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Need pic of 4.3L TBI engine..

Most of the wireing will go to the TBI unit, there will be some exceptions. You will have a knock sensor, and a should have a temp sensor, both in the block. Plus you may ahve a crank sensor, and MAF sensor (intake). All the wiring harnesses should be unique to each sensor, in other words there is only one sensor for each harness. Should have a wire off the distributor and ICM as well. Spark plugs should be easy to figure out.

Vacuum lines, should be a diagram under the hood.

Red battery cable goes to starter, and there will be another wire on the same starter post as teh red battery wire and it goes into the cab of the truck. The other wire ont he starter comes from your ignition key switch.
Black wire on the battery runs to teh block and under the battery tray to the frame.
Should also be a wire ont eh back side of the engine that runs to the firewall, and numerous other wires terminate on the fireall.

Trottle linkage should be pretty straight forward, it should only nolt in place one way.

Being that its a '91 you will also have the TV cable linkage attached to the trottle linkage, it then runs down the tranny dipstick tube to the tranny. Look for hte wires and hoses in the area as well. 3 hoses provide vacuum to and from teh t-case and front axle, and a vent hose. Since we are on vacuum hoses they will join a tee behind the distributor, and go into the intake manifold by the distrib as well. Feel for the port ont eh backside of the intake. The 3rd leg of the tee runs to your HVAC systema nd the black ball under the hood. There should be a hose to the EGR and PVC and to the brake booster.

I think that covers it.
Only pics I have are from my '93 and its a CPI. I could snap some pics of the '87, however its a 2.8L. Let me know about the '87 by mid-day tommorrow, I think I sold it and the guy is picking it up tommorrow.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Starting Member
woodsballr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Need pic of 4.3L TBI engine..

yea dude ive got a '91 S10 in my driveway, dont know if its TBI or not but i can snap some pics if you would like. what angle?? anything specific??