1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Need seatbelt and power window help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Starting Member
classklown90 is on a distinguished road
Default Need seatbelt and power window help

Ok so I now how to replace the motor on my power window, I looked it up on the forum but i was wondering the level of difficulty that this is because im no mechanic and have only owned two cars, this 94 blazer being my second. My second problem is that passenger seatbelt come out about a foot or so and then gets stuck and will not come out any further. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Any help is much appreciated thank you.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
TomSawyer is on a distinguished road

Your seat belt issue is a VERY common problem with blazers, that's next on my things to fix on my truck, it only happens intermittantly with mine, sorry I can't really help you with that right now. As far as the window motors are concerned I have replaced all four doors in my truck and it's not that bad if you have small hands, LOL. You have to drill out the rivits that hold the motor assembley to the window track frame (I forget what the exact terms are). You'll need a rivet tool (or at least really short bolts with nuts and washers) to reinstall the motors you have removed. The electric supply is a simple plug you dissconnect and reconnect to the new motors. I purchased rebuilt motors that have a fairly good warranty (1 year I think) for about 25 bucks each, and that was three years ago and they still work great. Just follow the directions that come with the motors and make sure you clean and lubricate the window channels well with silicone lube. You can do it!!! (It also helps to have a manual of course)

Last edited by TomSawyer; 04-27-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Starting Member

Lol thanks and I dont have a rivet tool but im sure i can get the bolts(i believe you need 1/4?) I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes this weekend lol. thanks again

Still need help with the seatbealt any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Beginning Member
joeroket is on a distinguished road

I have never come across the seat belt issue but the window motor is pretty straight forward, just make sure the window is up when you drill the rivets out. It is possible to drill all the way through and hit the glass. Both of my rebuilt replacement motors came with bolts to replace the rivets. You just need to take the regulator arm assembly off and put it on the new motor.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Starting Member

ok cool and yes the glass is stuck up so that shouldnt be a problem. so if i buy a new motor from say.. advance autoparts? the bolts will be included? thanks

Old 04-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Beginning Member
joeroket is on a distinguished road

I can't say for sure if the bolts will be included or not. Both of mine were from different rebuilders and had bolts.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Starting Member

OK ill just ask someone there. Thanks window problem solved. Still need help with the seatbelt. Need it fast considering no seatbelt is a ticket :/

Old 04-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Try tapping on the seat belt housing with a hammer as you pull on the belt. It sounds like the inertia lock has engaged when it is not supposed to.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Starting Member

ok i will try that tonite thank you. so do u think its just stuck or needs replacement? id hate to have to replace it

Old 04-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience, once they start to stick, they will continue to do so. Seat belt tensioners are not the thing to be taking apart either.

Quick Reply: Need seatbelt and power window help