1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Newbie 94 Blazer Power Locks and Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Beginning Member
Dohcser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie 94 Blazer Power Locks and Cluster

I recently purchased a 94 S10/Blazer V6. I am trying to work to fix a few querks that came with the truck. First my power door locks do not work. I was looking under the dash on the driver side to see if I can see the fuse for the lock, however there is none that is labled "door fuse" or something to that effect. Is the fuse located at a different location. When I click the lock button I hear the relay, but nothing happens.

Secondly I have the digital dash/gauges every once in a while the Milage/Trip will flicker and the milage will change. But it always goes back to the actual milage.

Does anyone have a possible resolution to these issues? thank you in advance.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Beginning Member
Default RE: Newbie 94 Blazer Power Locks and Cluster

Anyone????

Old 03-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

The fuse should be labeled PWR ACC and it is actually a circuit breaker, if you have power seats, and they work then the breaker is fine. Is it a 2 door or a 4 door? If you have a 2 door it is possible that the lock actuators just are both bad. You need to take a door panel off and check for power and ground to the actuator, and let us know from there. Your dash problem is either a faulty ground for the cluster, or more likely the cluster is in need of a rebuild.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Beginning Member

Kordog, thanks for the reply. I have a 94 Tahoe LT 4 door with power seats. The power seats does work, so with that being said and taking your advice I guess the doors are receiving power. I am trying to find a schematic of the power distribution to the door locks. I doubt that all 4 door locks would go out, which is my issue right now. I am thinking that the main power goes to the driver side door and then it is distributed to the rest of the doors. Let me know what you think! Thanks again.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a wiring diagram for you. HTH

[IMG]local://upfiles/4089/191C8E2E8D3B4C789B84F698957F96D8.gif[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Beginning Member

ORIGINAL: Kordog

Here is a wiring diagram for you. HTH

[IMG]local://upfiles/4089/191C8E2E8D3B4C789B84F698957F96D8.gif[/IMG]
Thank you much.
I opened my drivers door panel yesterday. I pried away the switch from the wire harness and cleaned it and check polarity with my digital multimeter (DMM). The switch seems to function properly. I also check voltage between the BL and ORG/BL wire and there was voltage. I then hooked back the switch and had my DMM positioned at the black and blue wire. With the switch in the center position there was no voltage, when I clicked it to the left there was a +12V and to the right was a -12V, which is what is expected.

I was not able to locate the solenoid that closes the door, but my question is, when I click the lock/unlock button I hear the relay (somewhere) clicking and there is voltage leaving through the blue wire, but it seems as though it is not getting to the driver solenoid or to the rest of the truck. I opened the driver kick panel and I also saw the +12V and -12V present at the blue.
ANY SUGGESTIONS, this is becoming a mission.

By the way I do have some electrical knowledge, just new to the Blazer world.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point

The cluster on my old Blazer started doing that (odometer was already dark, mph would flash and jump up and down), eventually went dark altogether and would have needed to be rebuilt hadI kept it.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Beginning Member

UPDATE: After re-soldering the circuit board on back of the cluster it has improved, by Speedometer does not go crazy however my milage/trip still acts up every once in a whil.

Question: on a 1994 4dr Blazer does anyone know for sure if there are Relays for the door locks? Also is the door lock's a Type A or Type C?

Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 AM
LIL4X4S10 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Digital Display Disappears!!! HELP!

READY TO SHOOT IT LOL!!! Hey everyone wrap your minds around this. I have a 1994 s10 Tahoe LT Blazer very nice condition, i thought. well i was going down the road the other day,and all of a sudden my dash display quit working my heater and windows. but truck stayed running.i went to pull in a parking lot and i shut it off and cut it back on and it worked for a sec untill i put my foot back on the brake then it all shuts down again. so i drove on with it off and noticed my transmission wouldnt shift into gear on its own, so i had to go to 1st then 2nd but going to drive was like neutral???. so then i get to work and i have my wife and two year old sitting there while i check all the fuses. and so of course all of them were good. but then my daughter hits the remote start on my key chain by accident and starts it. i look and everything work perfect. so i put her back in her booster seat, b/c i wanted to see how it would do. so i put the key in turn the ignition on,
good so far untill i put my foot on the brake to engage in gear,and it cuts back off so im a lil frazzled where to start.. first thought was Ignition,or ECM,or the remote start. any idea PLEASE LET ME KNOW?!?!?!

Last edited by LIL4X4S10; 03-09-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: accidental enter lol
Old 03-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Could be the ignition switch... Could be crossed wires under the dash...

Quick Reply: Newbie 94 Blazer Power Locks and Cluster