1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

No ses msgs on 94 chevy blazer s-10

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Lokispawn is on a distinguished road
Default No ses msgs on 94 chevy blazer s-10

I have great fuel pressure. It hovers between 55 and 65 depending on whether I"m pushing on accelerator or not. If I hit the accelerator it jumps up instantly, and if its idling its at 55 to 58.

The only way I can start it from a cold start is with a little gas poured in manifold. It idles great once it starts but starts to sputter and miss when I do more than put the peddle down about a quarter of the way. But the fuel pressure is still good. Once its been started it'll keep starting and idling beautifully with only very slight vibration.

No ses msg except twelve keeps flashing over and over.

doesn't lose pressure when I turn off the key. Or at least not for more than the 5 minutes I timed it for.

Distributor replaced along with cap and rotor. I cleaned egr valve today. no difference. Thought about changing spark plugs and wires but it is hitting on all six.

with no ses codes I'm at a complete loss. I just bought this yesterday, and it ran fine for about 15 miles than I had to tow it the rest of the way.

It has a digital dash, no fuel gage, and odometer blinks in and out. Speedometer works fine though.

Any solutions?

Old 09-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It could be a bad connection to the fuel injector inside the intake.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Default update

This thing is a b*&^*. The only thing I got accomplished today is changing out the fuel and replacing the filter. I"m gonna have to open go after the spider next I guess. I didn't have the right size torques to start that today.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Default Finally

Got it running. Cleaned the hell out of the Pressure regulator under the Plenum. Then turned on fuel pump to clear lines (gas everywhere despite my best efforts. Then put it back together. Blam I'm in love again. It is beautiful, and acceleration is a nice feeling of exhileration. Now I just need to figure out my digital fuel gauge and my odometer.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:59 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Yeah its pointless to try and tackle that. I took my dash out that was doing the same thing and its all like a circuit board thats soldered in there, there is not too many things that would be a loose wire. Not that I could find anyways. I had rust on a bunch of the solder areas near the bottom, and i figure thats gotta be the root of the problem. A guy at digitaldashsolutions has been mentioned a few times in the forums that can sell you a refurbished dash cluster for around 125 bucks as long as you send him the junk one or its like an extra 100 if you keep you old one.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I bought one and everything works. Money well spent. he evem u[grades the power supply. His company is Digital Dash Solutions. Guy's name is Carl and he's a pretty laid back dude. He constantly runs an ad on e-bay. No complaints from here. Here's his ad from e-bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-...mZ350102002017

Old 09-09-2010, 04:33 PM

That digital dash guy on ebay also has a kit, and instructions you can buy for 20$. I'm gonna buy it soon, broke right now. Meanwhile my blazer has acted up on me twice by not starting till I pour a little gas in the plenum via the airway by the airflow sensor. Runs great after I do that. Wondering if I'm starting all over again. Still no error msgs, but runs great once it starts.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:46 PM

Yep, started all over again. Acted funny my whole trip home today, and 15 miles out I had to have my wife tow me. Grrrrr, even worse then being stranded is the I told you soooo's. I think there must be debris in the fuel lines cause it is acting the same. Runs great, good pressure, good spark just quits getting fuel, or only gets a little. Pour some fuel in the plenum and vroom for 2 seconds to 5 or 10 minutes. Maybe there is debris that gets pumped up and plugs the fuel spider.

I don't know, any suggestions. Still no error msgs with scan tool.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:00 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Dude get that connector for the injector. It starts when you prime it cause once the motor starts shakin the connector makes a better connection... Its 8 bucks you will love to have spent.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:04 PM

threw some gas in, got it started and then started wiggling the red and blue wire going to the harness. bam, it would die, restart it, wiggle wire, die. I really hope this is it.

Took plenum off again today spray c-12 carb spray in the hoses, injectors working fine. recleaned fuel distributor. still couldn't figure it out, thats when I tried the wire. Wish I'd of tried this a lot sooner.

Quick Reply: No ses msgs on 94 chevy blazer s-10