1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Not getting Fule presure

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Elbigjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not getting Fule presure

hello Every I have a93 s10 blazer 4.3 v6 4x4. Im only getting 10psi of fule presure. I change the fule pump with a new one new sending unit and i also have a put a new fule filter on it as well and i put a new gas tank on it. and it will not run at all. i know it should be getting 45- 62 psi for fule presure but no luck. any ideas i can try. thanks
joe

Old 01-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Not getting Fule presure

Joe, What motor? CPI or TBI? That year could have either. Look at the 8th VIN digit Vin W(CPI) 55-61 PSI, Vin Z(TBI) 9-13 PSI. If you have a CPI you should check voltage at the sending unit with a METER onlyyou should have 12+ volts. Using a test light could have false readings. Thanks, Korey.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:24 AM

Oh sorry it's cpi. oh i also hooked the fule pump straight to a battery and still had only 10 pounds. i also change the fule pump relay. and nothing change. thanks korey

Old 01-25-2007, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you may have crap in the fuel line.

Curious as to why you changed the gas tank?

Old 01-25-2007, 12:40 AM

Well The orginal fule pump died and when i took the tank down I found three pin holes around the edge of the tank. i tryed to fix them but i said i might well put a new one on to pervent it happening in the furture.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:44 AM

How did you check fuel pressure? Just turning the key on, or cranking? Also, you need to make sure you got the correct fuel pump!!! If the parts store gave you the wrong one, BAM, low fuel pressure!!! Korey.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:56 AM

I check both ways and still the same. The guy at the parts store said they were the same .i said they cant be. thanks guys I will be taking it out and bring it back in the morning

Old 01-27-2007, 01:29 AM

Any luck with this truck yet? Korey

Old 01-28-2007, 02:38 AM

Well I went back to the parts store and I have the right pump. and I told him is there anyway it could be a defective pump he said it could be so I took it back and he gave me a new one to try Im going to do it in the morning. I have another question is there a differents in the sending unit of a two and four door blazer. and The sending unit i got from the salvages yard is out of a 89 s10 blazer is there a differnes between then and 93s10 blazersending unit.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:52 PM

I would think it to be the same, but a side by side comparison should tell you more. Korey

Quick Reply: Not getting Fule presure