1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Please help identify this line....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Beginning Member
93 & 94 is on a distinguished road
Question Please help identify this line....

I just got this '94 Blazer a few months ago and the time has come to put it on the road. It has a serious leak in this line under the truck, which I'm attempting to show in these pics. Please excuse the low quality of the pics. Best I could manage holding the camera up under the truck and hoping for the best. Does anyone know if this line has anything to do with the transmission, or just what it is for?
It runs down the inside edge of the chassis or frame on the driver's side. Location is right under the drivers seat / door. It's hard to tell which line it connects to going up inside the engine compartment, but the last pic shows where it leads to near the rear of the truck. Sorry that one's so dark. I'm assuming it's a high pressure line because I can see where it has been spraying up onto the bottom of the floor of the truck. It looks like it's leaking where there's some kind of joint maybe? I wish I knew more about what I'm asking. Never worked on one of these trucks before this one and my girlfriends almost identical '93.

TIA for any help at all.

Attached Thumbnails Please help identify this line....-pa100011.jpg   Please help identify this line....-pa100013.jpg   Please help identify this line....-pa100012.jpg   Please help identify this line....-pa100017.jpg   Please help identify this line....-pa100019.jpg  

Old 01-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Beginning Member
93 & 94 is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this is a stupid question. It looks like a brake line to me. I'm not sure though so I thought I would ask a bunch of Blazer fans who have seen this truck inside and out. All I have to go by here is a Haynes manual and there is nothing in there about it. I have a slipping transmission and the fluid is leaking out of it somewhere. All I can find for a leak is this line which is obviously spewing. Can't find any other leaks and my brakes work fine...hence the dumb question. It makes no sense unless this is a transmission cooling return line. Can somebody who knows about these trucks offer some helpful advice please?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 AM
94BlazerPA is on a distinguished road

What does the fluid thats leaking out look or smell like. When does it leak, while its running, all the time, etc? some more info will be helpful

Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Gonna be brake or fuel. The trans lines are on the pass side. My bet is brake line as the fuel lines come out of the boxed part of the frame further towards the front of the engine bay.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 PM
mxpxpunkrock1987 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 93 & 94
I just got this '94 Blazer a few months ago and the time has come to put it on the road. It has a serious leak in this line under the truck, which I'm attempting to show in these pics. Please excuse the low quality of the pics. Best I could manage holding the camera up under the truck and hoping for the best. Does anyone know if this line has anything to do with the transmission, or just what it is for?
It runs down the inside edge of the chassis or frame on the driver's side. Location is right under the drivers seat / door. It's hard to tell which line it connects to going up inside the engine compartment, but the last pic shows where it leads to near the rear of the truck. Sorry that one's so dark. I'm assuming it's a high pressure line because I can see where it has been spraying up onto the bottom of the floor of the truck. It looks like it's leaking where there's some kind of joint maybe? I wish I knew more about what I'm asking. Never worked on one of these trucks before this one and my girlfriends almost identical '93.

TIA for any help at all.
that would be your back brake lines i know i just did mine and also if its leaking once u replace the line and bleed the system check your brake portioning valve locate next to the master cylinder all 84 to 94 were know to leak for the rear output the a small rubber piece that some times leaks had this issue with mine and had this issue with my last 2 chevy s10 i owned and one blazer