1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Rear window release

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 12:42 PM
dieseldave_2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rear window release

So after some cleaning and tlc this blazer is awsome. Only thing left is the rear window dosent pop open with the button. I have comfrimed power to, and through the switch out to the conector but some were between there and the moter in the tailgate it drops. Have no power at the moter. Is there a fuseable link some were in between. Please help me, this thing didnt come with door lock keys.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rear window release

Have you tried supplying power to the window actuator? If so, what happened?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
dieseldave_2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hum. i didnt think about that. I will try that today. If it works what am i looking at a broken wire somewere or waht? Man i hate wiring.[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 09-23-2008, 12:19 PM
SilverTalon is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is almost like that. You can push the button and hear it trying to release the window, but it don't. I used to be able to push in on the window to get it work, but it don't even work now, but you can hear it trying.

You might just need to rewire the power, or check the grounding strap from the tailgate grounding strap too.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It will likely be a broken wire or a bad connection at a plug.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:33 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

the wire at the bottom of the tailgate thats in the tailgate jam area could be broken. it gets bent partly when u close and open the tail gate and over time very good chance to being broken. the rear window pop motor is not that hard to get at to check if the motors good. the interior panel comes off then pull away the plastic and remove the metal plate by the latch and u can look over to ur right and the motor will be there.

SilverTalon: ur problem could be that the latch is not properly aligned to freely let the window open. r u able to open it w/ the key atleast? if so then im not sure what it would be.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Asimm is an unknown quantity at this point

well i have a annoying squeak and i cant seem to figure were its coming from and im sure it somewere on the back window and were could a find a new lock for the rear hatch bc my lock doesnt accept my key anymore

Old 09-23-2008, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Asimm

well i have a annoying squeak and i cant seem to figure were its coming from and im sure it somewere on the back window and were could a find a new lock for the rear hatch bc my lock doesnt accept my key anymore
the squeak is coming from ur rear latch not properly aligned. its hard to align it urself as i have the same problem and have stuggled to get rid of the squeek. i have it now where i just need a piece of duct tape to keep it from squeeking. so far the tape has lasted 3 weeks.

and for finding a new lock u have to go to the dealer to get one. it will be about $73 for a new lock assembly and u need to have it coded for ur key (about another $15). mine had gotten to the point where i couldnt get the key in even after spraying it and so i had to replace it. if u have any questions on replacing it lemme know since i've already done it.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:01 PM
doozis is an unknown quantity at this point

On my 88 Blazer , the parking brake has to be pushed before the rear window will
release. Without the brake being pushed you can hear the solenoid clunk but the glass
won't open , also it won't open by itself , someone has to pull on it for it to open. I read
somewhere that the purpose for the dash mounted button is just to release the back window
so a person can pull it open to put in groceries etc. They don't want someone to be able to accidently push the dash button and open the rear window at 70 mph.

Hope this helps

Steve

Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 PM

never heard of that but i can press my rear window button at any time. is urs a manual? that could be y but i'm not sure.

if urs can be 'pulled' open when u press the button then u just need to realign the latch so it opens more freely

Quick Reply: Rear window release