1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Replaced spider and now 1993 chevy blazer 4.3 4x4 wont start.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Beginning Member
reddheadnla is on a distinguished road

Well went to advance and of course they don't have it but they can order it and can have it tomorrow. Will that part # work for autozone or is it different? Stopped by there and they could not even get it to come up. Thanks

Old 06-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Beginning Member

went outside and looked on top of the spider from the jimmy and there it was. The rubber is pretty much like jello. I am guessing that the other one went with the other spider to rock auto. LOL!!

Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Beginning Member

Wire harness is ordered and will be here in the morning so I will pick it up after work and hope that will fix it. I am thinking about dropping the gas tank in the jimmy and seeing what I can use for mine. When I changed the fuel pump a couple months ago I screwed up my gas gage so I need to work on that also. Just not a real big fan of that.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Beginning Member

I have got my wireing harness for the spider but now I am trying to figure out how to get the wires through the black piece. All they do is bend. Is it ok to take the black piece out and put them through or is there a trick? Also I don't know if this will help anyone or not but I talked to advance about my airtek fuel pump because it is still under warranty and asked them if I could swap it for a delphi which is the same price and they said no problem.I will have that sucker out tomorrow night. If you have a bad airteck that is under warranty from advance they might trade it for ya.I dont have a box or anything. It was in the computer. I feel very lucky for that.Hope that can help someone. Thanks

Old 06-27-2011, 09:41 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

To get wires through tight spaces you twist them, clip the ends off fresh and put a little vaseline on the wires and they will slide right through, skin them for soldering once they are through. Dont take the gromet out. You should know :

you need a lil' lube when putting long things through tight holes.

As for the pump, just keep her as a spare man - post on craigslist and local buy/sell.

Last edited by ohsofly; 06-27-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Beginning Member

Well I put new wire harness and all under the plenum and put it all back together and prayed but alas it tried to fire 2 times so under my truck I go in the rain to drop the tank yet again to get that nasty airtek pos out so I can trade it for a delphi. I do believe that I have the same problem as Matties dad. By the way the vaseline worked perfect on the wire harness. I fought with that thing for an hour and a half yesterday. 30 seconds today and they were through. I wish I could figure out how to do the pics on here. I will have plenty of them to post. Just can't get them from photo bucket to here. Maybe eventually. Thanks for all the help.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Beginning Member

Got the gas tank dropped and found a broke wire on top of the tank. Which is strange because the fuel pump still worked IDK!I am still getting the delphi pump though. No more airtek. That thing should run pretty damn good when I am done. Now I have to get that piece. It looks expensive. Oh well.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Beginning Member

Still will not start. New fuel pump, sending unit,rebuilt spider,wire harness for spider,fuel filter. and plugs. It will spin over but will not fire. I have spark at the plugs.Any ideas? I am lost as a needle in a hay stack. I have a parts truck but do not know what to try next.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Beginning Member

OK here is the newest info. Forked out the 158.00 and rented the fuel pressure tester. Put it on and got 0 pounds of pressure to the motor. Fuel pump comes on and has plenty of gas in tank. New sending unit but on the one that I have it does not have that little black box with little metal filter looking thing on it that sits on top of the fuel pump. It just has a rubber line that goes to the metal line. Does it need to have it? Advance told me it was the correct one for my truck. Any thoughtd? And thank you all again for the help and I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of july!!

Old 07-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Starting Member
JustJerry is on a distinguished road

If you have 0 pounds fuel pressure, it will never start. If you hear the fuel pump coming on, and there is gas in the tank, with 0 pounds of pressure at the motor, the the fuel pump is not pumping, & or the fuel line is stopped up.

That is my thoughts on it.

Quick Reply: Replaced spider and now 1993 chevy blazer 4.3 4x4 wont start.