1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

S-1o blazer, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:20 PM
biggmay27 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation S-1o blazer, help!!!

My blazer keeps blowing the fuse for the gauges/choke, can anyone help me with this?

Old 07-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What are ya drivin'? I'm guessing an 85... What fuse number is it that is blowing? When does it blow? Immediately after putting it in? When you put your key in? Or not for a while?

Have you checked the wiring harness for visible shorts? Have you tried disconnecting the choke to see if the fuse will hold?

Have you tried the next larger fuse size (as a diagnostic step only)? Or tried to put an ammeter on the circuit to see what the current draw is?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:27 AM
biggmay27 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
What are ya drivin'? I'm guessing an 85... What fuse number is it that is blowing? When does it blow? Immediately after putting it in? When you put your key in? Or not for a while?

Have you checked the wiring harness for visible shorts? Have you tried disconnecting the choke to see if the fuse will hold?

Have you tried the next larger fuse size (as a diagnostic step only)? Or tried to put an ammeter on the circuit to see what the current draw is?

It will blow after i turn the key on. i dont see any visible shorts. tried larger fuse, still blows. I odnt know what to try next. or what could possibly be blowing the fuse.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Where have you looked for visible shorts?

If the fuse is blowing that quick once power is applied to the truck (key on), then there is definitely a dead short.

How about:
Originally Posted by swartlkk
Have you tried disconnecting the choke to see if the fuse will hold?