1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Seriously What Now

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 AM
livlifes2short is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: MISSING??

never tried it turning the key off how long should i wait to shut the key off??

Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Turn the key on when the pump stops running turn the key off.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:18 AM

ok i was just turning the key on and leaving it on i will turn it off when the pump stops running

Old 01-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Once the pump stops running, it does not matter if the key is on or off.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:50 AM

oh yea i left the key on but did not start the truck for the initial test when it did the above. When I ran the truck even when it was hesitating it never dropped below 55 at ible ro on the throttle hesitation and all.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:01 PM

ok some one told me to turn the key foward a couple times then off and see what happens I did that it went to 60 and slowly just dropped??? spider or improper testing?

Old 01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Default RE: Hesitating Bad Cat EGR?? Help Please

Ok so I headed down to the shop today to check on the status. The mechanic had taken the upper plenum off planning to replace the spider to find out the the fpr was squirting fuel all over. Sweet (so i though) quick and cheap fix. So its replaced he buttons it all up and low an behold here comes ole girl on a tow truck. What The HEck!!! Well needless to say still hesitating really bad and it died on her. So I say lets do a pressure test again...... Checking alldata should have min 55psi she was running at 51. So we pinched off the fuel retrun line to find the problem goes away ( rough idle but no hesitation ) So its a faulty fuel pump should be finished replacing that for me in the morning. Thoughs comments anything. It seems almost certain this is it so I will update ya tomo and maybe we can move on to the next problem..... window motor and switched ect ect! THANK IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 03:39 PM

ok so they put the new pump in and suprise suprise still falling on its face. I told the guy to check the egr for build up. But at this point whats left. What has been replaced cap, rotor, plugs, wires, pvc, fuel filter, air filter, oil, oil filter, fuel pressure regulator (was leaking), hollowed out the cat, and fuel pump. so once the egr is ruled out whats your thoughts on ignition control modual. and any other ideas please help me end this saga

Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 PM

You guys are not giving up on me are ya? Help a brother out lol no more ideas suggestions or response? THANKS

Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 PM

ok so now I replaced the coil it looked pretty bad thought I was on to something and I took the egr off and cleaned it (although it was really not dirty) and it is still doing it what else is there what can I test etc etc??

Quick Reply: Seriously What Now