1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Takes forever to start and rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Guy
Beginning Member
Guy is on a distinguished road

Im not sure, I just know im tired of this thing!
No matter what I do, I cant fix it and nobody else can tell me whats wrong with it! Lol.
I just put it up for sale and got me a truck today! Haha

Old 07-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Beginning Member
CHRISTOPHER0102 is on a distinguished road

if that is a throtle body two injector 4.3 and dont have the spider injector the fuel pressure regulator is in the cent back top of the trottle body u will probly have to buy a gasket set for it at a parts store and u have to take the top housing off i belive if thats what u have but that may not be your problem u should be burning gas bad if that was it does it miss until it worms up or anythang and is the check engine light on?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Guy
Beginning Member

Check engine light is on. When I have the codes read, it comes up EGR valve and knock sensor. It has a brand new EGR valve on it. And I dont have the throttle body. I have 4.3 vin W CPI.
And I was getting about 15-16 mpg city. Not sure about highway.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Beginning Member
CHRISTOPHER0102 is on a distinguished road

ok u need to get a new knock sensor and u might have a wiring problem going into your egr valve or you could have got a bad one, them motors are bad about carbon them thangs up with big chunks of carbon u need to check it advance auto sales a egr valve gasket that has a screen in it that helps

and that motor has the spider injectors on it them thangs are bad u might need to check it if u the knock sensor dont fix it and after u check your egr valve

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-01-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: *Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit feature to add more information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:05 PM
94BlazerPA is on a distinguished road

What is your fuel pressure when you turn the Key to ON, Dont Start the Truck. By turning the key to ON, it runs your pump, and by telling us what your pressure is, we can figure out that it could be your Fuel pump or sending unit, maybe Fuel Filter. If your pressure is anything below 55psi then your pump/sending unit could be going bad. Filter could be getting clogged. Do this test and let us know what the pressure is.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Guy
Beginning Member

Has a brand new sending unit, pump, and filter. As long with the fuel pressure regulator.
And its around 59psi with the key on.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you still want help with this or have you thrown in the towel? If you still want help, you may want to actually answer those that are trying to help you.
Originally Posted by Outsydr
Not a matter of what it runs at, key on engine not running what is your pressure? when you turn key off does the pressure drop and if so by how much?
Either way, try not to let your frustration with your problem flow over onto how you respond here. Everyone that has responded has been trying to help.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Guy
Beginning Member

Key on, not running the fuel pressure is 58psi and does not drop at all.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Beginning Member
seanpconley is on a distinguished road

u said u replaced the fuel filter it would be an honest mistake if you put it in backwards?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Guy
Beginning Member

Yes, I replaced the fuel filter. And it is on the right way, I just checked to make sure and it is on the right way. Did this before I replaced the fuel filter too.

Quick Reply: Takes forever to start and rough idle