1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Two Codes Popped Up...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 01:31 PM
choover82 is on a distinguished road
Default Two Codes Popped Up...

One was for TPS....voltage too low. Mine is at 0.49 Volts. (I take it from looking around on here it is supposed to be higher then that?)

Other was MAP....voltage too low.

I reset the codes....and they havent came back yet.

Idles at 700 -750

and gas is running rich (at idle)

Last edited by choover82; 02-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:47 PM

What good is this forum if people look and dont comment?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:29 PM
bam_9_9_9 is on a distinguished road

if its running rich these engines have a problem with the spider leaking fuel under the plenum "the top peice of the engine that has all the sensers on it" take the vortec cover off the top and then take the round black looking thing out of the center top. then take a flashlite and look inside. it should look all BLACK if not then theres fuel leaking making it run rich. especially look on the passenger side. and if the codes didnt pop back up give it time or if they dont come back dont worry about it. the map senser might show low volts if theres a vacuum leak. as for the tps if it pops back up just replace it cant clean or do anything with it but check the wireing. hope this hepls ya. oh should be idleing at 600-650 when warm. but since it might be running rich from what i explained above then ya.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:31 AM

Ok, will look into that once i get the damn transmission pan back on...dont think ill have it back together by monday...need to get taxes done and just buy a vehicle that doesnt needs much work (and one that doesnt need everything to be removed to get to transmission pan.)

Last edited by choover82; 02-05-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:47 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by choover82
What good is this forum if people look and dont comment?
This forum is as good as the people who contribute (translation: donate their knowledge/time/expertise) with the correct information to help you.

This is an open arena, no one is required to be here, much less help you.

Would you prefer to have people who don't know what they're talking about respond to your post and give you bad information just for the sake of "commenting"? Or would you rather have someone who knows what they're doing, has possibly experienced the same problem before, but perhaps doesn't visit the forum as often as others?

Your sense of urgency (as evidenced by commenting on your own thread 4 hours after originally posting it-despite the rules prohibiting it) does not have any bearing on a response from us, a forum community, with our own busy lives and troubles.

I noticed you posted a video on trans filter R&R in another thread. I'm sure it will prove helpful in the future. That's what this forum (and most others like it) is all about. Helping each other with nothing expected in return - though a thank you would be nice from time to time. Your attitude displayed in your comment is not welcome nor appreciated here.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:41 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Back on topic
Your colrs may be different but on 2nd gen...

Gray to the sensors is 5v ref from pcm
Black is grd ref from pcm

the color are the output from the sensor.
Lt green from map, dk blue tps

Look for the 5 v first, then measure color to black.

{The 5 v reference is pretty much and industry standard, I believe. Same on Ford OBD I}

Last edited by pettyfog; 02-05-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Your sense of urgency (as evidenced by commenting on your own thread 4 hours after originally posting it-despite the rules prohibiting it) does not have any bearing on a response from us, a forum community, with our own busy lives and troubles..
Sorry I dont usually read the rules on forums. I post my problems I have with a vehicle you people know more about then I do, and with as many people online most days, someone could have said something to check. As for saying thank you...once I get my blazer back together...the people who helped will get that thank you.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

I am more than certain that if those who read the thread and had any helpful information to give you they would have.
you also have to understand we have a lot of Unregistered users that frequently view the site that have not bothered to make an account due to doing quick Google/Yahoo searches on blazer issues/modification ect.. so there for the viewed count on a thread can be much higher than the users that can respond right away.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Default Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

Oh well...anyways...THANKS TO ALL WHO GAVE ME ADVISE WITH MY TRANSMISSION FILTER! I worked on it a few hours ago and was able to get the pan back on. Filled up and ran in nuetral and no leaks...

And now I have to goto my sisters to watch a stupid football game...FML!

Next will check on the gas being to rich problem. But thats another week.

Just hoping i dont spring a leak, I used my torque wrench to tighten the bolts to 10 Ft/lb

Old 02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Good I hope it works for you

Quick Reply: Two Codes Popped Up...