1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Two Codes Popped Up...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 AM
choover82 is on a distinguished road

well if something goes wrong, i have my 93 z24

Old 02-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Beginning Member
blazinNdCHEVy is on a distinguished road

low voltage codes can sometimes be caused by a battery being under charged, did your battery die or did you have the radio on with the engine off? doesn't hurt to get the battery and related components checked out. wouldnt worry about it unless they come back

Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM

Battery is charging around 14.1.

Had truck running good the day before something died, now it wont run, but i think i found the gremlin...will have the ignition coil tested and order a MSD if thats what it is.

My scanner said it was running at 575 - 600 rpms and was idling smooth for once...

(only reason I think its the coil pack is it wouldnt fire when I gave it a shot of ether)

Its not the coil =(

Someone said if coil not producing spark, the ecu or computer fried...gonna try selling as parts to someone rebuilding a s10 blazer, this thing has been a nightmare ever since I bought it.

Last edited by choover82; 02-08-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Beginning Member
blazinNdCHEVy is on a distinguished road

are you sure your not getting spark? pull the plugs are they wet?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:28 PM
bam_9_9_9 is on a distinguished road

dont give up that soon dam. if you would of checked under the plenum you probally would of found out that the injecors are leaking. go and rent or buy a fuel pressure tester and test the pressure at the fuel rail back behind the motor under the wiper motor. it should be around 50-60 psi if not replace the whole injector setup and the what is called the nut kit that goes into the spider injectors. and you wont have any problems. unless its not getting spark

Old 02-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Yeah don't give up

Old 02-09-2012, 04:18 AM

Well even if something is leaking...wouldnt it try to fire if I sprayed starting fluid in the intake??? no change in sound.

Changed coils yesterday with a working one....and no spark from the coil...

I want something that doesnt have a cracked windshield, ripped seats, broken speedometer, non working rearhatch, non locking back window, shifting problems, one window works, door panels falling apart, headliner coming down, hood is a $&%#* to open, 4x4 not working, and soon needing tires...

or atleast some money to buy a better one...that may need work but not this much. (just about everything needs replaced and i dont have the time or want)

Last edited by choover82; 02-09-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by choover82

I want something that doesnt have a cracked windshield, ripped seats, broken speedometer, non working rearhatch, non locking back window, shifting problems, one window works, door panels falling apart, headliner coming down, hood is a $&%#* to open, 4x4 not working, and soon needing tires...

or atleast some money to buy a better one...that may need work but not this much. (just about everything needs replaced and i dont have the time or want)
I agree. There IS a time when it's best to walk away.. or employ a small well-placed, explosive.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't supplied enough information to properly diagnose your problem... What engine do you have? TBI or CPI?

A problem with any one of the sensors using the 5V reference could cause the codes you received. From the sounds of it, it is an intermittent problem which makes it even more fun to diagnose than a hard fault.

A leak inside the intake plenum would cause a rich condition. Adding more fuel to an already rich condition isn't going to remedy the situation, only make it worse. Of course if you aren't getting spark, spraying starter fluid isn't doing a darn thing.

I debated on even responding to this thread as it seems you have a **** poor attitude straight out of the gate. I really don't have the time to waste on people who feel entitled to getting an immediate answer and above the rules. Rules are rules and we expect the members of this forum to follow them. You don't have to agree with them, but you MUST comply with them, PERIOD. Or, continue such as you have been and you'll find your stay here short. From the sounds of it, you are letting your truck get the better of you anyway so maybe a change would be good for you.

As far as your "Do Not Feed the Troll" image, that is uncalled for, plain and simple. Gary (TBB) is just doing his job. You violated the rules and then showed defiance to an administrator when you were corrected. Typical "I don't give a damn" attitude that will NOT be tolerated here. I bet you even glare at and back talk the police officer that pulled you over for speeding. Surely that speed limit sign doesn't apply to YOU...

Old 02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You haven't supplied enough information to properly diagnose your problem... What engine do you have? TBI or CPI?

A problem with any one of the sensors using the 5V reference could cause the codes you received. From the sounds of it, it is an intermittent problem which makes it even more fun to diagnose than a hard fault.

A leak inside the intake plenum would cause a rich condition. Adding more fuel to an already rich condition isn't going to remedy the situation, only make it worse. Of course if you aren't getting spark, spraying starter fluid isn't doing a darn thing.

I debated on even responding to this thread as it seems you have a **** poor attitude straight out of the gate. I really don't have the time to waste on people who feel entitled to getting an immediate answer and above the rules. Rules are rules and we expect the members of this forum to follow them. You don't have to agree with them, but you MUST comply with them, PERIOD. Or, continue such as you have been and you'll find your stay here short. From the sounds of it, you are letting your truck get the better of you anyway so maybe a change would be good for you.

As far as your "Do Not Feed the Troll" image, that is uncalled for, plain and simple. Gary (TBB) is just doing his job. You violated the rules and then showed defiance to an administrator when you were corrected. Typical "I don't give a damn" attitude that will NOT be tolerated here. I bet you even glare at and back talk the police officer that pulled you over for speeding. Surely that speed limit sign doesn't apply to YOU...
I second that

Quick Reply: Two Codes Popped Up...