1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Update the first gen FRESH!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Beginning Member
p_m_clean is on a distinguished road
Default Update the first gen FRESH!

So I Am a s10 blazer owner and lover, the outside of my rig is pretty decent but I feel like the interior could definitely use a update
I have a few questions and topics that I know a lot of people will be interested and possibly we can come up with some new ideas

-please post links and lots of pics

-what do you have for cup holders (the worst part of my blazer is its lack of cup holders and not even really a good place to put any besides the center console ones which I dont have)
-what seats or other interior upgrades have people done or thought of
-what kind of deck, navigation, dvd player
-interior lights custom gauges
-DOME LIGHT i hate the crappy one thats in there

-QUIET RIDE what have you guys done to make it more comfortable. basically I want people to forget they are in a 22 year old car when they get in my blazer. I get a ton of noise driving around especially at highway speeds mostly a wind sound (might be my weather seals)

thanks for the input, I couldnt find any other threads talking about anything like this but i know there are a ton of guys and gals out there that have done some cool stuff

Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Im not gonna go digging around for you... But, if you click my link you can dig through my own build on your own. I have made a cool little hide spot with a window for some of my audio gear out of that farthest front flat holder thing. My dad also made me a sweet @ss amp rack that holds 2 amps and fits on the side with a cover to hide it all too. I only buy Alpine electronics, and this time I got all JL speakers. I even got a good deal on an Imprint sound processor, I know its mucho overkill, but what the heck its a toy build, its gotta have extreme stuff. I also turfed that center console cause its in the way. Ill either get dad to make me some cool cupholder thing, or throw my torn seats out for some grey fullsize seats instead and no center console. Yes, all fullsize trucks seats WILL go into your S10 or Blazer, you just gotta peel the bottom fabric back a bit to get at the bolts that let you swap the brackets off the bottoms. The fullsize seats have a set of skinnier holes under the fabric to let you bolt your S series brackets onto them. My old S10 - 1985 had the power fabric seats from a 2000+ Yukon in it.

You might also want to try our SEARCH button as not alot of the people that have the cool stuff come on very much to see your post and respond.

My personal favorite member truck is Gregs TYCLONE you can find it in the builds section too, not sure what interior mods it may have cause Im still orgasming over the exterior and powertrain from 2 years ago when I first started reading his build.

If you are ripping out the interior and stuff, you can try Dynomatting the door interiors, floor and footwells, that will take ALOT of noise out.

Custom gauges - I am one of the few who have a working digital dash as I bought a refurb from an electronics place.

Smoother ride? Go all out and get the most expensive monroe shocks for a larger vehicle. I put the shocks for a Z71 truck on mine but dont know how it rides yet if you read my build.

For lighting, we have a thread on that too. Most guys got with LED nowadays.

So grab a drink, or a hoot, or whatever you like and plant your **** in that seat for an hour and skim through the BUILDS section here. There is some real good stuff buried in there.

And one last thing...

If you are gonna be asking about help on your truck, let us know what it is, go into the user CP and add your vehicles specs into the signature so we know what you got... Im going on the fact its a 22 year old truck, in 2012, means you have around a 90? I see you are in Bellingham, my blazer has actualy stomped around your turf a couple times in its life.

Last edited by ohsofly; 01-01-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Beginning Member
WD4JKH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by p_m_clean

-what do you have for cup holders (the worst part of my blazer is its lack of cup holders and not even really a good place to put any besides the center console ones which I dont have)
Yeah I didn't like the lack of cup holders either so I added a couple..

Attached Thumbnails Update the first gen FRESH!-1s.jpg   Update the first gen FRESH!-2s.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 07:26 AM
c0a8l0v6i8n9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I mounted two cup holders onto my glove box.

Attached Thumbnails Update the first gen FRESH!-8.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 09:20 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

On my old 89, I took the console from my dad's 96 before he junked it and tossed it in. Was kind of a pain since I had to cut the sunglass dish to fit my 4X4 lever, but it looked great!

Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Beginning Member
p_m_clean is on a distinguished road

therandom1 that looks great
sorry to everyone else I have a 1990 s10 blazer 4.3 4x4 5speed 165k headers to full exhaust e-fan performance tune up

I am a nood to this forum and this is actually the first forum I have ever joined so sorry for any mistakes. I am not a noob to s10 and s10 blazers tho, I have owned 6 different s10 and I have installed a 5 inch trailmaster lift done 2.8 to 4.3 swap did a total rebuild on a 4.3 and a lot more minor jobs