1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

upper control arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member
kng254 is on a distinguished road

Autozone in new york rents tools you should check by you if they do the same

Old 02-02-2010, 12:18 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ohsofly
You could order from Prin Auto and have them ship it anywhere you like though.
really? i wonderwhen they started doing that? i tried about 14-15 months ago to ship something directly down to a friend of mine in KY, and they said i'd have to arrange that myself.

Originally Posted by kng254
Autozone in new york rents tools you should check by you if they do the same
i was gonna suggest checking with them on that, since they're so similar to the Canadian Tire stores we have up here.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Actually when I asked at Autozone they indeed rent tools. If you have an O'Reilly's around they "loan" after you pay a deposit on them but then they give you your money back when you return them undamaged. The "deposit" you pay is the price of the tool in case you damage it or don't return it. At least that's how it works here in North Texas where I live.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:30 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gimpy Blazer
Actually when I asked at Autozone they indeed rent tools. If you have an O'Reilly's around they "loan" after you pay a deposit on them but then they give you your money back when you return them undamaged. The "deposit" you pay is the price of the tool in case you damage it or don't return it. At least that's how it works here in North Texas where I live.

same deal up here with the Canadian Tire stores. you "buy" the loaner tool (which is usually beat to rat snot anyways), and have 72 hours to use it & return it. they're usually not to picky on the 72 hrs, i've returned a loaner after 5 days, and the guy @ the parts counter didn't even ask me why, or how it went (not that i cared anyways).

Old 02-03-2010, 02:04 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the enthusiasm sometimes is overwhelming isn't it. At least I have a couple of guys at the A/P store that acted semi-interested while I was resurrecting my 94 Blazer. They should. I spent enough money there.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:16 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

You can also do what I did. I purchased the bushings removed the control arms and went to a local shop to have the old ones pressed out and new ones pressed in. I think I paid $50 per control arm.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Oldkool, yeah sorry you do have to arrange the shipping yourself, but they will box it up for the purolator guy or whoever to pick up. Thats what I meant sorry. I used to pick up stuff at Prin Auto lots when I was running a courier truck for a trucking company.