1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Upper intake removal. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:03 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road
Question Upper intake removal. HELP!!!

Ugh, still fighting my '94 blazer 4.3 w code. Got the new spider today and and started pulling the upper intake. Got all the bolts out but the dern thing wont budge. Its like its welded on or something. Are there any hidden bolts I'm not seeing or something? I borrowed a neighbors rubber mallet but would rather not get violent with this truck (I've dumped so much money into it so far and feel like I'm @ the end of the road and dont wanna jinx it).
Please help, not much time left on the deadline (Christmas) to have it running and presentable.
TIA,

AuSSenseiter

Old 12-22-2010, 07:32 PM

Ok, after 38 views and no replies, I solved my problem. Forgot to get into the GM mindset of why use 1 bolt when 10 will do and whats the most inaccessable place to put them?!?!?!?! Found 2 hidden bolts in the deep recess' of the intake. Then it came off nice and easy.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could have searched and saved the sarcastic reply... The CPI FPR replacement thread in the Tech Article (DIY) section details this very well.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:28 PM

Yea, I searched for it and it was well written, but the pics were missing. Not being sarcastic.....

Old 12-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have an internet/browser configuration problem then. I just looked at that very thread before I replied to your message. The pictures are there.