1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

what is it???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 02:17 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Let us know how it goes!

oh and autozone wont have a ac delco pump,u need to go to carquest and order a delphi,or dealership and order a ac delco...

Try rockauto.com they have the pump for like 40 bucks,compared to 100 at the stealership

Old 08-23-2011, 10:45 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

The parts store may have sold you the pump for a TBI unit. TBI runs at around 11 PSI. You may have a good pump just the wrong pump for CPI.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:07 PM
just plain lucky is on a distinguished road

Ok got the Dephi its happening tomarow at 1pm... I think it should run great with that sea foam stuff in it as well, It will be nice to get back my truck Again Thanks Ya all Big Time !!!

Old 08-23-2011, 11:14 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

let us know what happens

Old 08-24-2011, 07:04 PM
0x00x is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pinch return line

you could pinch the return line and the pressure should rocket up past 60.
maybe instead of wrong pump you have failed pressure regulating valve in spider. it is actually replaceable.
if pinching return line with running pump doesn't get you high pressure, then something else is wrong (pump, accumulator, etc).

Old 08-25-2011, 12:02 AM

Ok not the best news put in the new delphi started right up pressure at 55 running perfect, I went to gas station put twenty in decided to go for a little drive and it started happening again. Gas peddle bog down exit stage left or actually right I made it down a street in a residential area where I glided to a stop... Checked fuses looks ok, checked shrader valve let pressure out then primed it let pressure out and primed it seemed like the pressure was working but didn't have gauge with me to check what the pressure really was had to go back to work too... I have one annual tow and I used it to get back to my house the tow truck guy wanted to take me to his buddys shop were I'm sure they would have screwed me royal. and it looks like I am back to square one... The battery is dead even the charger wouldn't get it started the tow truck dude used his rigs battery and it started after we shook it and it ran real rough and died seems like the pump isn't working or from his opinion it has some more problems with the fuel system... Honestly I think its a wiring problem thats shorting out the fuel pump and with no pressure no run. So I have to put my fuel pressure gauge to it tomarrow and see what it reads I don't think it will be the 55 to 60 like when it was first put in I think it was shorted and went out... we will see.

Good night ya all have a good one I want to see if the new pump is even coming on...I really think it has a short some were...

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-27-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:42 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Check the ground to the pump might be corroded also did you check the relay

Old 08-25-2011, 02:20 AM

not sure where the relay is or which one it is I checked the emc and emcb and the fuse back by the license plate the relay is in the hood right one of those square box type looking ones?? Thanks for sticking with me !

ok its on the driver side mounted on the cowl or what ever and it is the one on the left the one on the right is the ac relay right???

been up looking for the ground wire location or color wires but cant find it I got to sleep any help ?

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-27-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 PM
BF Guru

The one circled is the Fuel pump relay

Old 08-25-2011, 05:11 PM

OK good afternoon, heads up just this morning I got up put the fuel pressure pump gauge on put the charger on battery really low if not dead, and she starts pressure 55 psi good I think then I tried to give it a little gas and she started to bog and sounded like she would die. I let up on the gas petal back to idle and turned her off.

Now what i was thinking is the ground secure or is the pump shorting out some were?
If the Pump is ok and puting out 55 psi and it stays at 55 with no quick bleed down then
I can rule out the pump and it may be the fuel injectors are clogged
Now there are places like pep boys that do a fuel injector cleaning for like close to One hundred bucks, Should I go this route, or should I pull off the plenum and see whats cracking ? or should I get a code puller and figure it out that way? and if the battery is low and Oriellys says the battery is still good I just need to drive the car to put a charge on the battery or buy new battery?

Ok I am home a little early got to get up early tomarrow any responses or suggestions welcome. Personally I wish I didn't work so much and had more time to work on my jimmy. Oh yeah when I came back for lunch I checked the gauge again and it was holding steady at 55 psi I cranked her up and she went to almost 60 psi so the fuel lines and pump are good right???

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-27-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.