1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

what is it???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:50 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yes there good now do a leak down test to see if your injectors are leaking

Key on wait 10 mins with gauge on port should be no lower then 52 psi

Old 08-26-2011, 11:09 PM
just plain lucky is on a distinguished road

Ok just finnished at work, in reply to your Help the bleed down is Actually no bleed down at all it stayed at 55 and stayed there then I went back to work and came back and it was still at 55 and I tried to start it and it went up to like 60 psi when I give it a little gas it bogs down and seems like it wants to die, clogged fuel injectors you think?

1. I have a quick fix for the spider friends got a spider for 75.00 just need to do the work and probably get a new plenum gasket the other is like original.

2. Or should I just get it to have the fuel injection cleaned for 100.00?? decisions decisions Hummmm

From this description it doesn't sound like a fuel pump relay...

Thanks for the scematics that is gold Again Thanks Big time for all you help!!!

wow its like 919pm out here and I just went outside and with out the charger it started up on the second try 55 psi again and its not going any lower I shut it off didn't wait the ten minutes sorry got to go to work tomarrow early again try to do it later good night

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-27-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:51 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

do you have a cat converter on your exhaust ?

On the y pipe there should be an o2 sensor remove it and start the truck

See if the truck runs better the truck might sound a little odd and the engine light may come on but see if it runs smoother

could be your cats clogged

Edit: the red box is where the o2 sensor is located

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 08-26-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:58 PM

ok came back from long three day home show and low and behold the fuel line going to the spider was leaking like a sive some one had put a wire around it and left it for the next person to deal with put a fuel injector clamp on it and tested to see if it would leak and no more leak Pulled out fuel injector tappets and hit the ignition a couple times and no gas came out at all so tried to get the silonoid out of the spider no go getting another spider tomarrow and see if it will solve the problem... took off the o2 sensor and car wouldnt start at all before this more later...

Old 08-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I left on vacation the day after my initial reply to this thread, just to explain why I haven't chimed back in.

So, to summarize what you have found... 1) the injector harness was sketchy and now 2) there is a leak in the 'nut kit' (internal fuel lines). Is that correct? The leak in the 'nut kit' should have shown up on your fuel pressure & leak down test. You have been testing the leak down with the key-off and not while running, correct?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:37 PM

ok now cleaned the hell out of the bottom and top of the plenum wooo wee put the spider on and low and behold key on gas came out the little hole on the regulator no good spider bad spider bad got to return it for another one tomarrow and give it a shot again... But I am very happy that the plenum is clean oh yeah. pressure is still good it was a clogged up spider fyi we shall see tomarrow wish me luck folks car should be running soon...

Swartllk fuel line clamp was bs had to replace it pressure checked with key on no problem but gas would not come out the tappets when cycled was going to check the silinoid but couldn't get it out to check or clean it got different spider which was no good as well getting another spider tomarow and will see how it goes....

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-29-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Was it a new spider? Very odd that it would have a failed FPR out of the box. Common if it was a used spider though. The chance of having a bad FPR and/or plugged up poppet nozzles when going used is VERY high given the design of both the FPR & the poppet nozzles.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:20 PM

wish it was a new spider but no such cash flow right at the moment I think I will check the pricing you have any ideas like from nappa ?? I don't really trust Auto zone no more likewise for kragen or oriellies or what ever

Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Not sure about you, but I value my time higher than the cost of most parts new vs. used and I lump cheap new parts in with used as it has always paid to use quality parts in my past experiences.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 PM

so are you saying spend the money and get a new one rather than try out a used one new I am looking at like 250 remanufactured 179.00 used 75.00 ya I wasn't able to get a hold of napa to see if they have or can get a spider new or used but I believe I am like you I would rather put in a new one just cant afford it now Hey what is the torque on the plenum bolts and certain pattern to tighten??