1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

what is it???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

In the end, you have to do what you have to do. I'm just trying to save you time & frustration. After all, time does equal money at some point and with used parts of this nature, it isn't a matter of if they'll fail, it is just a matter of when. Could be right away as you found with your first used spider or it could be on your way to an important job interview that you just cannot be late for.

RockAuto.com has a cheap reman for $150 after the core charge. $290 for the brand new, pretty much top of the line Delphi unit. Even a cheap reman would be preferable to installing a used spider.

Also, resist the urge to reuse the internal fuel lines ('nut kit'). They do not like to be flexed after being in operation and reuse will end up with leaks. The 'nut kit' can be purchased from most parts stores for around $50.

You'll also need a new gasket for the upper plenum.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 AM
just plain lucky is on a distinguished road

Your so right ouch sorry I wasn't quite sure of the pricing I still need some advice on tourque for the bolts and if there is a certain pattern in tightening them please...

Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Search works... "CPI+plenum+torque" will turn up the relevant details. I have also added it to the CPI FPR tech article for your convenience.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM

Napa demfj10453 Delphi 483.69 eighter way thanks

Old 08-31-2011, 12:23 AM

ok got the goods with advance from work... re with 5 yr warrenty

Old 09-01-2011, 12:19 AM

Ok latest update got remanufactured spider from Napa 279.00 with a 5 yr warrenty, got new plenum gasket, getting new nut kit, put new Delphi pump in tank new fuel filter new plugs wires cap and rotor Tomarow we put it together. Ya all have a good night Oh and I have been working so hard I got a promotion and a raise!!!!!!!! Hurray for me!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:24 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

have fun working with all those parts tomorrow and congratulations on the promotion

Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 PM

Thanks

Old 09-03-2011, 11:41 PM

ok guys she runs fine I may need to exchange the plugs for new ones after put together wouldnt start pulled plug no spark got new primary coil and varoom The plug was so nasty Thought just put them in so exchange them and see how she runs then... Runs pretty good though just want to put a finness move on. Thank you for all the help my car has soooo much done to it and I can still think of more things I want to do hahahahhaha whew this was the longest I have ever been with out my ride Now I am stoked Again Guys Thanks and Happy Labor Day!!!!!!!!