1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

What to do with a 92?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What to do with a 92?

The oil pressure sender is at the back of the engine, to the right (towards the driver's side) of the distributor. It's screwed into a 90ยบ fitting.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

great, that should be fun to find...haha Thanks a lot! anything else to be worried about?

Old 11-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

The oil pressure sender is pretty big...

Old 04-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Beginning Member
pfsantos is an unknown quantity at this point

Duntov and all,

I found this thread while searching for a solution to my ABS light on problem.

I' ve checked for codes and get:

27, 66, 86, 12, 25, and sometimes 26.

When I reset the light, turn off, turn ign. on. (engine off) the system does its self test and returns with the same codes. I can hear the ABS unit turn on and off, btw. I've checked the front left sensor resistance and it checks out ok. Some of the other codes are related to the hydraulic/electric unit.

I know there's a particular order with which codes to takle first, but don't know this order. I've attached the two pages applicable with the codes listed. This is from a user's manual for one of those code retrieval units that plug into the diagnostics port.

Please help - I'd like to get this thing working if at all possible (I like a challenge).

Attached Thumbnails  What to do with a 92?-abs-codes.jpg    What to do with a 92?-abs-codes1.jpg  
Old 04-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Starting Member
rdhack is an unknown quantity at this point

Um....my 1991 ABS system has not worked in 3 years due to a bad right front wheel sensor that I do not want to replace until I have to replace the bearing and cv axle as well. My point is my brakes are fine and dandy...I just do not have 4 wheel ABS. I have bled my front and back brakes whenever I replaced the calipers and front lines and rear cylinders........Again my brakes are fine and dandy just no ABS.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:34 AM
bumsinthehouse is on a distinguished road

the only other problem i have ran into on the s-10 blazers is the oil lines that go from the engine to the oil filter tend to leak last i checked for pricing (mine currently needs them) they are about 40-50 dollars.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pfsantos
Duntov and all,

I found this thread while searching for a solution to my ABS light on problem.

I' ve checked for codes and get:

27, 66, 86, 12, 25, and sometimes 26.

When I reset the light, turn off, turn ign. on. (engine off) the system does its self test and returns with the same codes. I can hear the ABS unit turn on and off, btw. I've checked the front left sensor resistance and it checks out ok. Some of the other codes are related to the hydraulic/electric unit.

I know there's a particular order with which codes to takle first, but don't know this order. I've attached the two pages applicable with the codes listed. This is from a user's manual for one of those code retrieval units that plug into the diagnostics port.

Please help - I'd like to get this thing working if at all possible (I like a challenge).
Since some people in this thread are no longer on the forum, I copied your reply into a new thread for better visibility.

Those wishing to respond to pfsantos, please do so in THIS THREAD.