1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

wipers are stuck! need help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 05:06 PM
jamon8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wipers are stuck! need help please

I just bought a 1992 blazer and the wipers are stuck halfway up on the windshield

I was wondering if someone could walk me through the diagnostics of figuring this out

no matter where you put the switch nothing happens

thank you

Old 03-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: wipers are stuck! need help please

I would start by checking the fuses. The fuse block should either be on the side of the dash or underneith. If you have your owners manual, you can consult it for the location of the wiper fuse. If you do not have your manual, you can download a free electronic copy by signing up (did I mention free) at MyGMLink.com.

If you find that the fuse is good, the next thing to do would be to verify power at the wiper motor. If you have power there, then I would suspect that there is a connection problem inside the wiper motor or that the wiper motor has just failed. If you do not have power, the next place to look would be the switch itself.

Start with the fuse and let us know how it goes.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:28 PM

I put the fuse in and it works but when you put the switch in the off position the motor is still running

do you guys think that it is the wiper module

thanks

Old 03-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible that it is the switch or the wiper motor itself. Do all of the modes work from the switch?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have kind of a simliar problem, they go down but will come back up like half way or a 1/4 and stop and it only dose it sometimes im still not sure why any suggestions? mabe its a similar problem?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Probably a different problem. In your case Tippman, I would check the circuit board inside the wiper motor.

Follow this little how-to: Fix for cold solders in the Wiper Motor

To the OP, this does not apply to the older wiper systems.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:22 AM

the wiper work in every position delay low high ect

when I put them in the off position it seems like they are in low

Old 03-09-2008, 10:59 AM

does anyone have any ideas about the fact that I put the wipers in the off position and it continues to run

any help would be great

thanks

Old 03-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Sounds like the park relay (internal to the wiper motor and not independantly servicable) is at fault. The function of this relay is to run the wipers on low until they reach the park position.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:44 PM

so I have to replace the wiper motor and not the module

Quick Reply: wipers are stuck! need help please