Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

t case swappin'!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Banned
dahondaboy is on a distinguished road
Default t case swappin'!

i am doing a swap but with a np243c. the easiest way i found is using a different tranny, mine is out of a 2001 gmc yukon with a 4l80e and 243c t case attatched. the only major mod is the drive shafts, the front on the blazer uses a slip yoke attatching it to the case and the 243 uses a u joint, i had to take the u joint end off the yukon and weld it to my blazer shaft. i also used the yukon rear driveshaft and welded my blazer u joint end onto it because it has a larger diameter tube than the blazer for a little more strength. i need to find out what stall speed the blazers torque converter is though. i might have to get a aftermarket one.

Last edited by dahondaboy; 08-11-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

i got the swap nearly finished, all thats left is to hook up the lines and wires. this new tranny has the removable inspection plate on the bellhousing so the converter was easy to bolt in. i did have to get a new flex plate because the old one got hung up on the tranny when i removed it. i cant describe how tight the fit of this tranny is. i had to seperate the t case in order to get it to fit in. i also am doing the manual shift conversion with a lever in the cab.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Banned

ok i have a question, since i removed the t case selector motor,,, the lights on the 4wd/2wd buttons flicker and the relay goes click,click,click,click. should i just pull the relay as i dont need it now? or is there another system using it as well?
on a positive note, the blazer now has way lower low range than the stock one, it will c-r-a-w-l- now!

Old 08-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Banned

this forum is GAY! i cannot get a response to any questions so yall can suck it. and the ads make the page take too long to load, i have been a member of many forums but this one pretty much sucks thanks for trying peace!

Old 08-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, that does suck. sorry man.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:21 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Patience is a virtue, honestly, it just may mean nobody knows the answer to your question, or the way everything was worded it sounded like you were doing pretty well on your own.

Take it easy next time, we're not paid to answer your questions and there's never any garauntee you'll get a reply... I posted a thread a year ago and only got a reply last month... by PM.

Have fun on your other forums.

Last edited by oktain; 08-18-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: pulling my foot out of my mouth.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:21 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Would you like a refund of your money?
I would say that the lack of responses means nobody has the answer for you. If you absolutely need a quick reply a professional mechanic will be glad to help you, but he's going to want quite a bit of money for it.
Best of luck with your problem.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Geez, I go on vacation and some yoyo posts a question, waits a few hours and then spouts off about how "gay", "slow", etc. this forum is... Grow up! Cya!

At least you have followed true to the stereotype of your screenname!