2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1995 Blazer won't idle, excessive fuel consumption

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Xenon is on a distinguished road

Maybe you can see the pic now. Installation of the regulator seems pertty straightfoward, but how do you replace the nut kit?

Thanks.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The leak appears to be only on the passenger side, (fuel pressure regulator).

The fuel lines, (nut kit) attach to the fuel lines that run to the tank. The connection is just outside the plenum, right next to the distributor. The "nut kit" pressure line has the service port in it, you can see it in the image below:

Unscrew the fittings by the distributor, take them loose from the injector and snake 'em out.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:39 PM

Thanks. Ordered a regulator and nut kit... should run good as new in a couple days.

Thanks for all the help!

Old 12-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Let us know how it goes.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:58 PM

AAAAHH!!!! Finished putting in the regulator and nut kit today... SAME AS BEFORE!!!

Had a code P0122 (Throttle Position Sensor) at first, but unplugged the connector and blew it out and that went away...

So I'm thinking it's the spider or I'm chasing a multi-faceted problem here...

Any ideas?

Old 12-15-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Xenon
....it loses pressure almost instantly when the pump goes off...
Does it still drop to zero now that the regulator and nut kit have been replaced? If it does, there's a leak somewhere. Doubtful it's the injector, but it's possible. A drop in pressure doesn't tell you what's leaking, or where the leak is, it just tells you that there's a leak. To determine where the leak is, requires isolating the fuel pump from the components in the plenum, just after the pump pressurizes the system. If you need help with that, let me know.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:19 AM

It actually holds pressure now, so I think the regulator was actually bad... This thing was really abused, I'm finding more and more things wrong with it. So whatever this turns out to be won't surprise me. I only paid $700 for it though, so I guess I can't go wrong...

Old 12-18-2011, 07:09 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

Have you cleaned-out the TPS passages in the throttle body? Also check that the TPS is working using an ohm meter. Also remove the IAC, clean it and then its either press the tip in or it screws in....I just do not remember right now..but this will cause the idle to go high and the computer to move the IAC back to proper idle....which lets you know that it is working. Only need to move the tip in a little.

Make that IAC passages in the throttle body.....

Last edited by LannyL81; 12-22-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:18 AM

Yeah, have tested the TPS and it tests good, Cleaned and reset the IAC...

Unsure on this though, please explain:
Have you cleaned-out the TPS passages in the throttle body
Thanks

I guess at this point I'm leaning towards it being the injector and/or spider that's also leaking... NAPA has the spider for $228 so maybe that's what I'll have to do...

Last edited by Xenon; 12-18-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:25 PM

Cleaning TPS passages is a new one to me, please explain.

As long as fuel pressure remains above 50psi for 10 minutes after the pump shuts off, there are no leaks in the fuel delivery system, including the injector and spider assembly, (save your money on that one).

Quick Reply: 1995 Blazer won't idle, excessive fuel consumption