2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 blazer rear disk back plates.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 AM
jmmyers85 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 blazer rear disk back plates.

I have a 2000 Blazer 2wd and the rear disk back plates have completely rusted out. I went to advance auto parts and got replacements tore everything apart and tried to mount them and the bolt holes only lined up if you put the plates on backward. It turns out they where for a four wheel drive. I can not find anyone who sells them for the two wheel drive. I have been looking for two days and called every parts store in the area including the dealership and no one can even order them! I have also looked for them online including rockauto and LMC truck. Does any one have any ideas where to find them or what to do if I can not find them?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I would go to the junkyards to hunt for one in decent shape.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jmmyers85
I have a 2000 Blazer 2wd and the rear disk back plates have completely rusted out. I went to advance auto parts and got replacements tore everything apart and tried to mount them and the bolt holes only lined up if you put the plates on backward. It turns out they where for a four wheel drive. I can not find anyone who sells them for the two wheel drive. I have been looking for two days and called every parts store in the area including the dealership and no one can even order them! I have also looked for them online including rockauto and LMC truck. Does any one have any ideas where to find them or what to do if I can not find them?
I am surprised they would be different at all. If the only issue with fitment is the holes can't you just drill new holes?

Old 02-11-2013, 12:47 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Check lmc.com

Old 02-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

the rear axles should be the same from 2wd to 4wd. do you think that maybe they are "side-specific." you say that the bolt holes line up if you put them on backwards, but if you put them on the other side of the truck they should be on the right way and have everything line up, yes?

Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Default Thanks

Good advice guys.
I live in NE Ohio and the only thing that out numbers the bad drivers on the road is the amount of salt. Pulling them out of a junk yard would just be a waste of time looking. I have tried LMC truck they only have 1 set listed it does not say 2wd or 4wd just figured they had the only set that everyone else has. As far as flipping sides I would end up in the same spot I am in. Either the bolt holes will line up or the caliper cut outs will. I am thinking the same as grizzstang I am going to have to try and drill new holes. Wish I would have looked at that when I had the set here. I took it back thinking I would be able to find them.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:13 PM

Sorry Twip that last post didn't answer your question. It appears that either the caliper is mounted closer to the front or 2 o clock position while the 2wd is mounted more to the rear or 11 o clock ( clock positions are from passenger side). If they are the same then I guess the bolt holes are different.

Last edited by jmmyers85; 02-11-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

backing plates are different for 2wd and 4wd...
2wd top, 4wd bottom

you need ACDELCO part numbers 88935978, 88935977

Attached Thumbnails 2000 blazer rear disk back plates.-tn_full_100_5034.jpg  

Last edited by coolasice; 02-11-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

hmmm... i thought that they would be the same....at least that would make sense to me. i guess thats what i get for trying to make sense. anyway, i hope that you get the parts that you need and everything goes good.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 PM

Thanks coolasice! I just ordered them from jegs! Looked at some images first and they look like what I need. The second number did bring up a lot of expensive parts though. So if you are reading this and those are the parts you need watch out for the $80 parts. They should be around $12. Not sure if the more expensive ones had the other bracket with them or if they are the complete wrong part.

Well with any luck this will be just what I needed. I will let you know as soon as they get here.

Quick Reply: 2000 blazer rear disk back plates.