2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:04 PM
99 Blazer 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!!!!

Here is the deal when I got my blazer 99 4x4 I did not get any remotes for the locks with it and I am going to buy a single remote monday. I looked at other threads posted and Kyle said that if it has RPO code AU0 that it can be programmed to a new remote. My truck does not have this code. I am not sure where the box for the remote keyless entry (not sure what I am looking at). I bought a kit at O'reilly that requires you to cut into the wires ? somehow and I really don't want to. How do I tell if it will work if I take the one I have back and buy one from the general. I can't imagine them putting in front hatch release and power door lock with out a remote option or at least the ability to buy one and program it. Thanks for your help.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: HELP!!!!!

You can grab a RKE module from a junkyard if you can find a truck with the AU0 RPO code. I do not know if you have the wiring for it in your truck already, but the RKE module is above the driver's side hush panel (aka kick panel) on the underside of the dash. On my 2000 Bravada, the RKE module had a 4 pin plug. I think it should be the same on yours. The wire colors were Pin 1 --> ORN - Fused +12V from battery, pin 2 --> ORN - Serial Data Signal - GMCM, pin 3 --> unused, pin 4 --> BLK/WHT - ground. If you find a plug fitting this bill, then you may be able to get it working. So my best advice would be to see if you can get the RKE receiver module from a junker for cheap and give it a whirl!!

Old 09-22-2007, 09:23 PM

What do you think it would cost for the module and is it just a plug in?

Old 09-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have to do the leg work man! Pull off the hush panel and see if you have the plug... If you do, then give it a whirl. Shouldn't be more than $10-$20 at a boneyard for the module.

Some people have found the plug, plugged it in, and been able to program the new remotes in without trouble. I don't think that anyone can say that it would forsure work, but it's worth a try.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:37 AM
MindlessCorpse is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know if this applies to all model's, but my GM door remote has very little range, say 50-75 feet. Just something too keep in mind, as you may want too find something with a bit more range.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Hey, I was just messin' around on the good ole world wide web and I stumble upon a site that checks vehicle RPO codes (S-10 Forums.com) and I went out and accurately wrote down all the codes and then entered them into the site just for fun. One of the codes that came up was AU5 and according to the description it says my truck has ("Lock Control, Entry", "Remote Entry, Low Power"). Does this mean after all my truck has the remote entry option so I can go to GM and get a remote to program. If not I decided not to mess with it if not, but if it does it would be great. Sorry for draggin' this up again but for me it was worth a shot to ask.
Thanks Zac

Old 09-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Yeah, you may have it. Description I found was the same except it mentions something about a special frequency. You will need the numbers off the RKE reciever to make sure that you get the proper remotes.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:43 PM

Thanks, I will stop atGM dealer up the road from myhouse tomarrow or Friday. A guy the other day said that they can run a VIN number which willtell them what the factory options were but the dealer is kinda a pain in the a** and don't like doing anything forfree. So thats whyI was wonder about the code first. BTW the other day I went out and took the bottom panel off likeyousaid and could find anything so I guessin the nextcouple of daysI can find out what the deal is. Thanks again forthe help.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:15 AM
jose99blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 99' blazer problem, help.

Hey, im a new user here, but i have a problem on my 4x4 99' blazer. it runs good and everything but when i turn it on, put it in dtive, and press the gas pedal like half way down, the car starts to shake. for a minute or two, it wants to turn off but doesnt. when i press the gas again, nothing. so i have to brake, put it in park, turn it off, turn it on, and put it back in drive. but the only time it doesnt do this is when i put the car in drive, and press the gas pedal soft, gradually picking up speed. Yesterday, i bought a new air filter, and cleaned the carbeurator with carbeurator cleaner. if you know the problem, can you help me out?
Thanks.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Administrator
Default RE: 99' blazer problem, help.

jose, please create a new thread on this subject.